It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Birmingham to sign Diao

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Birmingham City are set to pip Midlands rivals Aston Villa to the capture of Liverpool midfielder Salif Diao. Blues boss Steve Bruce has pinpointed the Senegal international as the replacement for Robbie Savage, who is expected to join Blackburn Rovers within the next week.

Bruce has been reluctant to offload the wantaway Savage until he had a replacement lined up and Diao is set to step into the Welshman's shoes. Diao is rumoured to be moving to St Andrews on loan for the rest of the season after Bruce admitted on Sunday that he was closing in on a new signing.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
thats what i thought as soon as i read the first line, a replacement for savage. though, i aint sure Diao has the same work ethic

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Thank Christ! I'd pay THEM to get rid of him.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
at least thats another dud going out the anfield door, it says its a rumoured loan deal so he could be back

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
well... the move has happened and its a loan

Birmingham have signed Liverpool midfielder Salif Diao on loan until the end of the season.

Blues beat local rivals Aston Villa to Diao's signature and the Senegal ace will bolster their squad for the second half of the season.

Birmingham boss Steve Bruce had targeted Diao as the replacement for Robbie Savage, who is expected to join Blackburn Rovers now the African midfielder has arrived at St Andrews.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Let's just hope they want to keep him, a damn waste of space he is...

TRD

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
How much did he cost in the first place? It was quite a bit wasn't it?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Over 5 million I believe, about the same for Cheyrou as well and 10 million for Diouf. That was all in one summer, that was money well spent.

We could've had Duff and Anelka, instead we got this s@#t. That was why Houllier was so disliked towards the end.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
was it not a double deal with him and diouf?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
was it not a double deal with him and diouf?

They didn't play for the same club, they're in the same national side though...

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
i think i got a bit mixed up there lol

yer, that was a bad summer, diouf, diao and cheyrou and none of them are with liverpool at the minute and they cost loads

new topics

top topics

join