It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Birmingham show Dwight Yorke the door

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Birmingham are ready to let Dwight Yorke leave St Andrews. Yorke only joined Birmingham at the end of August after snubbing a move to Celtic. The former Aston Villa and Manchester United ace has struggled to establish himself at Birmingham making just four starts since his arrival. Blues boss Steve Bruce has admitted that Yorke could leave if they get a suitable offer for him.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
his career has just went downhill. i used to really like him as a player, he always had a smile and looked to be enjoying it. but eve since he left man utd. he aint been the same player.

TRD

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Yeah its a shame as i thought he was pretty good aswell, maybe its to do with his off the field life as he thinks he is a bit of a playboy!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
He's never struck me as the type of guy who loves the game, I've never really liked him. I'm amazed that clubs keep signing him, he's obviously only interested in picking up his huge wages until his playing career is up...

TRD

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
John, i don't think anyone in the prem is going to pay him huge wages anymore. He will be lucky to find someone that will take him. Either a drop to the Championship or a move abroad is his best bet.

TRD

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Southampton, Wolves and West Ham are all being linked with Dwight Yorke. The Trinidad & Tobago star has failed to gain regular first team football at Birmingham since his move from Blackburn earlier this season. Yorke, 33, is now waiting to see what offers come his way during the transfer window, with Birmingham willing to listen to offers.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
can you see west ham taking him TRD? i think championship might be better for him rather than the prem

TRD

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Thats what i said, a drop down the divisions. Well we wanted him a few seasons ago and he nearly came to us. So i don't see why not. I think he will be quite potent in the Championship div. All depends on how much money he wants...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
i think with him, he would happily go to another prem team, and get wages and not play. he dont seem bothered.

would be wierd to see him playing for westham. but zamora is turning good for you now right? lol

TRD

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Well the word is Zamora is on his way, so i reckon they might go for Yorke. Also one that is strange is that David Pleat could take over from Pardew as manager if he doesn't get us up this season...

new topics

top topics

join