It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Savage signs for Blackburn!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Robbie Savage has stunned Birmingham by handing in a written transfer request.

The Welsh midfielder, a target for Blackburn, is desperate to move clubs so he can be nearer to his sick parents who live in Wrexham.

Blues manager Steve Bruce has rejected an initial 2million bid from Blackburn Rovers, with the payments spread over three years, for the 30-year-old player.

Sportinglife

[Edited on 19/1/05 by TRD]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
i heard this on skysports earlier on, there been so much talk about him of recent.

i wonder if he can afford to knock back any more 2 million bids, especially if the player is unhappy. i think with this news, a few more clubs might stiff around

TRD

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Yeah he said when the rumours first started that he wanted a moved closer to home. I don't think Birmingham will stand in his way as they won't want a player their who doesn't want to play for them...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Its not that much of a shock really, he said he wanted to go. I guess no one believed him.

TRD

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Birmingham are ready to take a hard line and demand their full 3.5million valuation of midfielder Robbie Savage is met before they consider letting him leave St Andrews.

Blues have rejected a second offer from Blackburn for the 30-year-old Welsh international, who put in a written transfer request on Monday.

Rovers' initial bid of 2million spread over three years was described as "derisory" and the new offer is only "marginally improved", according to City managing director Karren Brady, and has also been turned down.

Brady confirmed: "I have this morning received a marginally improved offer from Blackburn's managing director John Williams.

"It remains totally unacceptable to us and so therefore the player will not be moving to Blackburn."

Sportinglife

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
i wonder how much blackburn would be willing to pay tops, maybe a exchange deal but i cant think of any players who birmingham would want from blackburn.

TRD

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
If they want him that bad they will pay the money. Thats what cracks me up, many a good player has not been signed just because the club wont pay that extra ' 1 million '...

TRD

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Blackburn boss Mark Hughes appears to be closing in on the reported 3million capture of Birmingham midfielder Robbie Savage. Hughes said that Rovers had made progress in their exhaustive and acrimonious dealings with the Blues. Savage - who will miss Saturday's trip to Charlton with a sore knee - is adamant he wants to get away from St Andrew's despite recently signing a new four-year contract.

Sportinglife

TRD

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Steve Bruce has confirmed that Blackburn had all-but met Blues' valuation of Robbie Savage, and said he is expecting a deal to go through in the coming days.

Savage's proposed move to Ewood Park has been dragging on for some time now, but the two clubs revived talks after an initial breakdown in communications.

Mark Hughes' side had not come up with the cash required to seal a deal for the want-away midfielder, but a move now looks on the cards.

Skysports

TRD

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Blackburn Rovers have completed the capture of Robbie Savage from Birmingham City. The Wales international has joined the Ewood Park outfit on a three-and-a-half year deal. Savage, who will be unveiled to the media on Friday, could make his Rovers debut against Bolton on Monday.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
i wonder with him signing, it ends the end of barry ferguson there and he will sign back for rangers.

savage is a player i admire, never gives up and always does his best. i think he will do well there and will give them some more fighting spirit

Sir

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Savage is officially the most hated man from Birmingham now..

I think he will do well at Blackburn and it seems Birmingham are on a bit of a slippery slope. I can see Bruce shown the door in the not so distant future.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
i think although he will be disliked, savage is one of those that the boos can chants encourage him to rise above it and win rather than react.

who are higher up. birmingham or blackburn?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I think Birmingham are above Blackburn.

Savage is a pretty decent player, alot of people don't like him but thats what seems to spur him on.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
he had the chance to sign for everton, who if we are honest, should get into europe easy. and a team who look to be going places. blackburn, well. it looks like a rebuilding process. i cant see it being about money.

to me, maybe hes closer to his family who he said family problems, i think its also a case of wanting to help blackburn improve. go to a team and dig in to help

TRD

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Mark Huges may have been a bit of an influence as he worked with Savage alot in the Welsh National Team....

new topics

top topics

join