It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Alex Nyarko and Abel Xavier to join Southampton

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Alex Nyarko and Abel Xavier are due to link-up with Southampton in the next 24 hours, skysports.com can confirm.

The duo are both available on free transfers and are now set to take a look at what St Mary's has to offer.

Xavier has been training with Bolton, similarly Nyarko has been put through his paces by Middlesbrough.

Bolton and Boro are known to be keen on keeping them, but Southampton have now made their move and could act quickly to seal deals.

Barry Silkman is representing both players and he confirmed to skysports.com that Xavier and Nyarko were on their way to the South Coast.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
hes a fast mover harry in the market for players, wonder if they will turn out to be good signings. i think this will be the first of 5 or 6.

both players have things to prove in the premiership too

TRD

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I think Xavier will be a good signing, not too sure about Nyarko. Harry sure needs to find some players and i guess they would be good moves as they would be for free. And then he will still have the money from the Beattie sale to spend...

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
what ever happened to xavier at liverpool? i cant remember why he left. i think he went out on loan to som1? nykaro. i just cant place him at all.

lets hope he gets it right, dont want to see the saints going down

TRD

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Nyarko used to play for Everton, they bought him for 4-5 million from Lens . He went out on loan to PSG and Monaco if i remember rightly. He had an up and down time at Everton and nearly quit when he was abused by fans and stuff.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
let me guess, he was a walter smith buy?

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I think he was a smith buy.

It is looking more likely they will sign, i think they have the same agent. Good signings for free if you ask me.

new topics

top topics

join