It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Niemi aint going says Harry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
new southampton manager says anti niemi and Beattie must not go if they are to avoid relegation

"If Niemi goes, we may as well all go because he's a top keeper and we're not going to stay in this league without him," Redknapp said.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
he really has went on to bigger things, with hearts he was amazing and was the reason they always challenge for 3rd. saved soo much and he doing the same there. arsenal have been linked with him alot

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
the agent of niemi claims newcastle now want the player and arsenal and man utd still keep tabs on him

"This time the interest is real not just speculation," Richard Cody told IS Urheilu. "Manchester United, Arsenal and this third club are interested in him."

Speculation suggested that Liverpool were keen but Cody stated that Newcastle were the other club � although The Reds may show an interest.

"It's Newcastle," he replied, "but I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool come after Antti because they need a new keeper."

link

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
looks like he might move after all

Southampton goalkeeper Antti Niemi is willing to discuss a move away from St Mary's, if Arsenal or Manchester United firm up their interest.

The Finland international is arguably the most consistent goalkeeper in The Premiership and has produced a string of fine performances for struggling Saints.

But he has repeatedly been touted as a target for top-flight titans Arsenal and United, with both teams possibly in the market for a new keeper.

Newcastle United and Liverpool have also been linked with the 32-year-old, who admits he would be happy to stay on the South Coast.

Saints boss Harry Redknapp has already conceded he would be reluctant to cash in on Niemi, particularly as he has already sanctioned the departure of the club's other key asset - James Beattie.

Redknapp is aiming to rustle up the finances to bring in players of his own in an attempt to keep the club in The Premiership and is aware Niemi's sale would provide the necessary funds.

Niemi may now have given Redknapp something to chew on after revealing he would be prepared to speak to Arsenal or United, if they lodge a suitable offer with Saints.

"I hope Saints don't have to sell me but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be ready to talk to United," Niemi told the News of the World.

"Let's be honest, these are clubs where you know you will win things.

"I'm happy at Southampton but if either Manchester United or Arsenal came in, I would have to want to talk them."

Roy Carroll's recent clanger against Tottenham has prompted fresh speculation that United boss Sir Alex Ferguson wants to bring in a new keeper.

Niemi, though, admits that, if Ferguson had acted slightly quicker, he would have joined the Old Trafford club instead of Saints when he quit Hearts in 2002.

He added: "Just after signing for Saints, I found out that Hearts had rung my agent telling him that Sir Alex wanted us up there to talk. He was even ready to lay on a plane.

"Had Mr Ferguson been two or three hours earlier with his phone call I'd have gone."

sly sports

top topics

join