It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Bruce wants savage stay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
steve bruce has admitted he doesnt want robbie savage to leave in the transfer window

"I was not singling out Robbie," he told the club's official website. "I was not referring to Robbie specifically, those quotes are incorrect.

"I do not want him to go anywhere and he is not for sale because he is an important part of our team and a big player for us.

"He signed a four-year contract in the summer and, as far as I am concerned, that is the end of the matter.

"In general, if any player doesn't want to play for me or our club, then I'm hardly going to want them about the place.

"We want to draw a line under this once and for all and we hope it will be the end of the matter."

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
sounds like the chairman says the same

Gold told PA Sport: "We want to keep our best players, of which Robbie Savage is one, and we don't want to sell him.

"We don't want to lose him at a time when we need everyone pulling together.

"We might be on cloud nine as we speak after the two derby wins over Aston Villa and West Brom but we are technically still in a relegation dogfight.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
All this probably means he'll leave in January

Providing Everton are still interested, I don't see Blackburn as a step up..

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
savage is saying a bid has happened

"I think that's nothing to do with me, it's to do with the two clubs concerned," Savage told Sky Sports News.

"I think they have [put a bid in]. I signed a four-year contract four months ago.

"There has been speculation about me for the two years I have been at Birmingham. First it was Everton, now it's Blackburn.

"Both times bids have been put in for me but I'm still a Birmingham player.

link

TRD

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I can't see him going to Blackburn either but Mark Hughes may be able to talk him into it.

Thing is the way Everton are playing they would be the best choice as they could well easily make Europe...

TRD

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Birmingham managing director Karen Brady has revealed the Blues have turned down a "derisory" opening bid from Blackburn for Robbie Savage.

Reports suggest Rovers have offered to pay 500,000 up front and up to 2.2million overall for the Wales midfielder, depending on future success at staying in the Premiership.

Sportinglife

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
hey, before i do the update on the scene, i would love to see him at celtic, when him and lennon where at leicester i thought they where great.

but it aint gonna happen

"We play Blackburn in April and just imagine a scenario where Robbie scores the winner against us and we go on to be relegated," said Gold.

"I don't think our fans would thank us for that and we do have a responsibility to them.

"Do Blackburn think we are mad? Arsenal would not sell a player to Chelsea at this stage of the season and we will certainly not sell one to Rovers.

"I can't believe they are serious. When you look at the structure of their bid I would be an old man by the time they have finished paying. I could even be dead."

TRD

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Robbie Savage has expanded on the "family problems" which he claims have forced him to consider a move away from Birmingham. The 30-year-old has been linked with a move to Premiership rivals Blackburn in the January transfer window. Despite being happy with his role at St Andrews, the Wales international revealed he wants to closer to his family - and asked fans to understand his circumstances.

"I have real family problems back home and so does my wife. My father has just had to finish work because of ill health and that is distressing.

"My mother had a stroke and my wife has massive family problems at home too. These things add up and people don't know the other side.

"I go back to Wales as often as I can, though it takes two-and-a-half hours. But it's hard living away from your family when you have got a child.

"I blame myself for my parents' problems. I have been a bit of a nuisance to them, even though I know they are they are proud of me.

"I've had several chats with the manager and hopefully things will be resolved pretty soon.

"You couldn't ask for a better bunch of boys to play with than at Birmingham but this is not about money. Whether I am at Birmingham, Wrexham or wherever. I just want to be close to my family."

Sportinglife

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
well, i think he saying he doenst want to quit, but wants to be nearer his family in wrexham?

is wrexham near him?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
hehe, forgot to post the qoute there lol

"I have never said I want to leave Birmingham, what I have said is that I've had family problems and I've got family problems," explained Savage to Sky Sports News.

"If I'm playing for Birmingham, Wrexham or whoever, I want to be nearer my family. And that is the case."

Blackburn have made a bid for Savage, but that was swiftly rejected and as yet the Ewood Park outfit have not followed up their initial offer.

"I'm piggy in the middle, all I can do is keep playing the way I've been playing and let the two clubs get on with it," he added.

"Birmingham have said they've turned down, it's as simple as that."

top topics

join