It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Almeyda signs for the Baggies

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Argentine midfielder Matias Almeyda is currently in talks with West Brom over the possibility of a move to The Premiership.

Almeyda has emerged as Bryan Robson's primary target as he looks to haul the Midlands outfit away from the Premiership drop zone.

Almeyda has recently left Brescia and his agent, Marcos Franchi, has confirmed that West Brom are pursuing his client strongly.

Skysports

[Edited on 22/12/04 by TRD]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
i remember you saying TRD bout where are they getting the money from, as they where linked with the daune? from anderlecht? the big striker.

when you think of alymeda, argentina international and looks at the clubs he has played for in italy. he wont come cheap, maybe a cheap transfer but he would command a big wage.

looks like robson is doing when he first took control of middlesbrough, buy the guys you have heard of with reputations but dont do well lol

TRD

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
He is a good player and he would do well in the Prem. Wether they get him or not is a different matter.

Yep the wages could cause a stumbling block but they might offer him a contract where he would earn more depending how well they do in the league.

Surprisingly West Brom are quite a big side in money terms and they are not afraid to spend a bit of cash. When they was in the Championship last season they had the second highest season ticket prices behind West Ham. I think they was about 450, which was quite alot for a side in that division.

TRD

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
West Brom boss Bryan Robson has made Matias Almeyda his first signing since taking charge at The Hawthorns.

Almeyda arrives at West Brom on a free transfer after an ill-fated short spell with Brescia.

The former Lazio man joined Brescia in the summer, but had his contract cancelled by mutual consent after a falling out with the club.

Robson is keen to reshape the West Brom squad and Almeyda could be the first of many new signings during the January transfer window.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
hats off to robson, what a signing, not sure how the player will do for WBA but getting him to play there along is a great achievment

Sir

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It is a big signing for the club and he will do a good job in the Prem.

They need a few more signings like that if they are going to beat the drop though.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
do we know about his contract at all? just, if they go down, is there a get out clause? i think there would be

buying him reminds me off when big sam from bolton went up, they got players like this in, who werent doing too well but got there careers back on track

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
there is some doubt on the deal

West Brom boss Bryan Robson has been handed a hammer blow with the news that Argentinian midfielder Matias Almeyda is reconsidering his decision to move to The Hawthorns.

The 31-year-old had been expected to jet into the Midlands in the next few days but this has now been cast into doubt because of ''family problems.''

Robson had previously been convinced that Almeyda would be lending his considerable talents to West Brom's battle to beat the drop.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

TRD

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yeah sounds like he has done an about turn, i guess we'll find out in the next few days if he does sign...

TRD

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Hey look like he retired.....

West Brom's worst fears have been realised with transfer target Matias Almeyda having confirmed his retirement from football.

Almeyda had indicated at the weekend that his move to the Baggies could be off because of family problems in his native Argentina.

Now the 31-year-old, who had been set to join Albion on a free transfer from Italian club Brescia, has decided to hang up his boots.

Sportinglife

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
hes retired
what a blow that is to WBA.

only 31 too, must be real bad problems back home

TRD

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yeah i was a bit shocked, pretty good player aswell.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
thats what i was thinking, it aint like there would be teams interested, maybe its just a short term retirment and will come back at the end of the season

new topics

top topics

join