It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Saints bring in Damiano

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Southampton have named Frenchman Christian Damiano as the man who will work alongside head coach Steve Wigley for the rest of the Barclays Premiership season.

The 54-year-old held similar roles at Fulham and Liverpool under Jean Tigana and Gerard Houllier and was presented to the media on Monday morning.

Damiano left Anfield this summer, at the same point as Houllier, and had been strongly linked with the St Mary's post over the past week.

Houllier had also been suggested as a possible assistant to Wigley, who was last week given permission by the Premier League to stay on in his role until the end of the season, despite not yet possessing the requisite UEFA Pro Licence.

Wigley was appointed to his current role after Saints axed Paul Sturrock in August, and his position has been brought into question after a series of disappointing results.

Southampton are currently third-bottom in the Premiership, with five points and just one win from their eight games to date.

Sportinglife

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
this is going to be a hard job for him, am sure with tigana he would have learnt alot (i was a fan of his lol) and how to be defensive with houlier, i think he will find it hard although he will link up with former fulham player fernandes so maybe he could get the best out of him

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
How is his English?

Doesn't surprise me that Houlier didn't get it, he would have been after the full managers job!

Might end with the Scotland job?

join