It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Gunn confident Canaries can turn it around

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Norwich legend Bryan Gunn is confident the Canaries' solid team spirit will help them climb off the bottom of the Premiership table.

Crystal Palace went above Nigel Worthington's side when they beat Fulham 2-0 on Monday night, a result which now leaves the Norfolk club as the only team yet to register a win in the top flight this season.

Former Scotland goalkeeper Gunn, who now works as the club's sponsorship sales manager, believes Worthington's troops should not be too disappointed with their five-point haul to date after their daunting opening fixtures.

"We do need a win, and that is something the manager is striving for, but a lot of the teams who are going to be around the bottom end of the table would probably have been happy with the same amount of points that we have picked up from those opening fixtures,'' said Gunn.

"Apart from the game against Arsenal, they have looked solid at the back and like a team that can compete in the Premiership.

"Home form is important, but Norwich have shown that up at Newcastle and Tottenham they are capable of setting their stall out and getting something from the game.

"Coming back from behind twice against Portsmouth showed there is spirit in the camp, a will to win and the response from the supporters as well I think showed that everyone being together is going to be important.

"Of course we are disappointed to now look at the table and find us sitting bottom, but when you look how close it is up to around 10th place, a couple of victories will catapult you up there.

"The period coming up now after the international games is going to be very important for our Premiership survival.

"The fixtures coming up now are the ones where you are going to be gauging yourself against teams who are in a similar position to you."

Gunn declared: "The players are giving their all in every game. Nigel has commented on the commitment and the spirit of the players - and that can go a long way.''

Has Bryan Gunn been hitting the crack pipe?

TRD

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon

Has Bryan Gunn been hitting the crack pipe?

Looks like it from where i'm sitting. Norwich and Palace are certs to go down as they just don't have the players. So what teams does Gunn think Norwich are going to finish above....

Keep smoking i say.....

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Suppose he's got to appear optimistic..... optimistic yes, crazy no

TRD

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I guess they will get their one year of glory and say 'we was there'

They will be in for a shock when they go back down, the Championship league is getting tougher and tougher each year...

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   
True, we need to go up this year.

TRD

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yep we certainly do and then hope we can hang in there.

The teams that came down this year are not doing that great, just like we did in our first season down. Unless you still have a quality side when you come down it takes awhile to adjust. The same for the teams that went up. Norwhich will struggle badly as they only have a few real decent players.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Leeds will do OK, but the gap is getting bigger and bigger every season. If we don't go up soon it will be the end I'm afraid.

TRD

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Yep same goes for alot of teams aswell....

Only chance we have which is better than most is the Youth players comming through.....

top topics

join