It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Gazza leaves Boston

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Paul Gascoigne has voluntarily made a decision which will probably mean the end of his playing career when he cut short his stay with Coca-Cola League Two outfit Boston United.

The 37-year-old 1990 World Cup hero left the Lincolnshire outfit after two months as player-coach with the club and is now set to begin a coaching course with the view to becoming a manager.

Although Gascoigne has not officially hung up his boots, there would seem to be no prospect of him playing league football again.

Gascoigne won 57 England caps and starred for Newcastle, Tottenham, Lazio, Rangers, Middlesbrough and Everton during a career which was blighted by injury.

link

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
He's going to Scotland to manage St Mirren.

TRD

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hrmm well i guess everyone has to have a job....

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
It's a good move to gain experiance before chancing his arm in England. Providing it goes ahead, Gazza doesn't tend to last anywhere long.

TRD

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I heard he turned the job down and is going to lilleshall or somewhere to get his managers badge...

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   
He needs the coaching license before he can take the job.

A friend of mine has passed alot of them, he got offered the Mongolia national coaching job! He turned it down!

TRD

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I ain't surprised i wouldn't like to go to mongolia lol!

Anyone think he would make a decent manager?

He isn't exactly a great role model, maybe to people who want to take up drinking...

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I'd have taken it!

I think he would make a good coach, especially with the kids. Not sure how well he would do as a manager, being the head man is a big responsibility.

TRD

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well if he is serious about it, he has a good chance. Plus on the coaching aspect he can pass on alot of advice and stuff....

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Exactly, that's why I think he would be good with the kids.

top topics

join