It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Mikael Forssell out !

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Birmingham City manager Steve Bruce is resigned to being without the services of on-loan Chelsea striker Mikael Forssell for up to six weeks.

The Finnish international on Wednesday undergoes an exploratory operation on his troublesome knee which is likely to keep him out of action until the start of November.

Forssell was a massive success for Blues in his first season with the club in 2003-2004, scoring 19 goals in all competitions and helping them obtain a top-10 Premiership finish.

But Bruce admitted that the knee has been an irritation to Forssell since pre-season training and now is keeping his fingers crossed that there is no long-term damage.

link

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
heres a little update on this one

Birmingham will not renew their loan deal for Mikael Forssell after his serious knee injury.

The Finnish striker, who is on loan at Birmingham from Chelsea, faces up to six months on the sidelines with a knee problem.

link

TRD

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Man i dunno why Chelsea arn't playing this guy, he is a great striker. I think the reasoning was for him to gain experience but i don't think he needs that now or even a year ago...No wonder Birmingham was biting Chelseas hand off to take him on loan for all the time he was there. Shame he got injured as he would have scored quite a few goals for Birmingham again.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
i think if it was just about any other team really apart from chelsea, man utd and arsenal he could just about get in teams easily. he does great at season long loans and always scores, but to break into chelsea's miliion pound squad. i dunno if it will ever happen

TRD

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Thing is he was their before they bought alot of these players and they knew he had talent. But they overlooked him and when a few clubs tried to buy him (including birmingham) they wouldn't sell him so they must rate him highly....

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
yer, isnt that the same kind of thing with carlton cole they have too, he just goes out on loan, maybe they are hoping the turn out will good soon and hit there peak,

i guess money is no objective so it dont matter how many stikers are at the club,

TRD

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Yeah with the money they have they can just buy their way out of trouble. Like Scott Parker hasnt hardly played for them since he signed.

You think there is a conspiracy to buy all the top players in england and not play them so everyone else team is shyte lol!!

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
forssell admits he would consider going back to birmingham after his injury clears up

Chelsea striker Mikael Forssell has claimed that he would consider a return to Birmingham once he recovers from his knee injury.

The prolific Finn has returned to Stamford Bridge for surgery after discovering that his knee injury was more serious than first thought.

link

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
lazio have emerged as a team interested in forsell

Chelsea's Mikael Forssell could be a target of Serie A giants Lazio, according to speculation in the Italian press.

The Finnish star is currently sidelined with a long-term knee injury, which has ended a second loan spell with Birmingham.

link

new topics

top topics

join