It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Change of manager

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
With Sturrock out in comes a new manager

Southampton have confirmed Steve Wigley as the permanent successor to Paul Sturrock.

Wigley has surprisingly been given the position of head coach at St Mary's following the departure of Sturrock by mutual consent on Monday.

link

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
from what i've heard it was the players that wanted Sturrock out
he was only there for 13 games
looks like the switch in power is complete

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
i miss strachon (i have forgot how to spell it lol) been the manager of the saints. hes been strongly linked with the scotland job these days.

yer, i had heard the board where picking the team etc, and people thought when he went to the saints (reffering to sturrock) that he would be great.

its a sad affair this 1.

never heard of this guy though, he was head coach it says, must have got him for next to nothing

TRD

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Wasn't Sturrock just temporary untill they found a permanant manager?

They shouldn't have let Strachan go, they should have pulled out all the stops to keep him there.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
No he was not temporary manager Paul Sturrock use to be manager of Plymouth Arygle did very well got them promotion and got offered the Southampton job
Sturrock played in the 70's and 80's for Dundee Utd in the scottish league for most of his career he played for scotland 20 times scoring 3 goals
Stachan left through his own choice did not get sacked

[Edited on 8/23/04 by AdyBaby]

[Edited on 8/23/04 by AdyBaby]

TRD

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ah right i couldn't remember if he was the permanant manager or not.

Yeah Stachan left of his own free will much to the disbelief of the Club and Fans. I was pretty shocked when he went, i thought he did a fantastic job at Southampton.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
in terms of getting the new guy, do you think its been a bit rushed? i aint heard of him and its a big job he got now, although i guess they had to act quick.

i think avioding relegation now is there target, thats my opinion in case i get slated hehe

and i remember strachan going, if i remember correctly it was due to his health, taking a rest from football, so if he dont have any luck with getting the scotland job, which looks unlikely cos big berty costs too much to get rid of, can you see him back at st marys a the end of the season?

[Edited on 8/23/04 by rynaldo82]

TRD

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well i havn't really heard of the new manager so i guess we wait and see what he is like.

As for Strachan comming back i thought he said he was ready to return to management awhile ago.

new topics

top topics

join