It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Coca-Cola Divisions: Villa bid snubbed for Beattie

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:
TRD

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   




Southampton have confirmed they have rejected a bid for striker James Beattie from Aston Villa.

Newspaper reports had claimed that Villa had offered Saints 6million for the England international, who was at the centre of speculation linking him with a potential move to Newcastle United earlier in the summer.

Villa chairman Doug Ellis revealed last week that the club were seeking to bring in new signings despite recruiting Carlton Cole on a season-long loan deal.

However, Saints are believed to be looking for at least 8million for Beattie and chairman Rupert Lowe has confirmed Villa's bid was snubbed.

link



TRD

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Boss David O'Leary fears Aston Villa could miss out on James Beattie if they fail to increase their 6m bid, which was rejected by Southampton.

Saints want 8m for the England striker and O'Leary told Villa's official website: "They've rejected a bid but I'd like to have the player.

"I don't control these things but I think we've made a bid and that will be the end of it.

"That's the price the chairman has set and that's it and it is not a bluff."


TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Southampton reiterated that striker James Beattie will not be leaving the club, despite continued speculation that he was on his way out of St Mary's.

Beattie has been the subject of a 6 million bid from Aston Villa - which has been rebuffed by The Saints.

Villa continue to trail the England striker, but chairman Rupert Lowe insists his club's prized asset is not for sale.


TRD

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Aston Villa will persist with attempts to sign James Beattie before the transfer window shuts at the end of the month - despite having a 6million bid turned down.

The Southampton striker is also believed to be the target of Tottenham and Charlton but Villa are the only club to have put in a bid.Manager David O'Leary says he will not look for an alternative attacking option if he fails to land the 26-year-old before the August 31 deadline.


TRD

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Aston Villa manager David O'Leary has resigned himself to losing out in his attempt to sign Southampton striker James Beattie before the transfer window closes on August 31.

And the Irishman is anticipating having to deal with the demands of the Barclays Premiership with one of the smallest squads in the top flight - until at least January.



new topics

top topics
 
0

log in

join