It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: West Brom

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well when Kanu produces it's sheer class, but it only happens once like every 10 games. lol
I'm not sure if that's going to be worth the wage bill though, but if they're getting them on a free then it's a good deal I suppose. He wont produce for the whole season though so they really should look for someone else.

TRD

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I don't know if they have got him yet but yeah on his day he can do so magic stuff. Arsenal paid alot of money for him and i don't think he repaid them. As you say too inconsistant. It remains to vbe seen that if he does go to West Brom wether he will do any better, as the service to him will not be as good.

TRD

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
West Brom boss Gary Megson has handed veteran goalkeeper Simon Miotto a new one-year deal. The 35-year-old Australian says the deal has given him a new lease of life.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This is stupid. With all these transfers, they're not a team anymore. Maybe they should be looking for a coach too, while they're at it.

Yep. Straight to the bottom of the table once again. If they stuck with their regulars they would have functioned a lot better as a team.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Alot of fresh blood into the team and casting aside oldies has often proven to have a very good effect on the team websurfer, it shakes things up a bit. It isn't always the case but it seems to be most of the time anyway.

TRD

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
When they was in the premier league last time, they battled hard and got some respect. But i can't see them doing much good and they should go straight back down again.

Alot of the players they did have just wasn't up to scratch so they had to replace a few.

TRD

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
West Brom manager Gary Megson is being made to wait as he attempts to persuade Kanu and Jonathan Greening to join the Barclays Premiership newcomers.

Megson has held talks with both players and is confident Greening at least will make the move to the newly-promoted side.

Albion had a seven-figure bid for Greening accepted by Middlesbrough almost a fortnight ago and are close to completing the deal but Megson admitted he was unsure of former Arsenal star Kanu's position.

TRD

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
West Brom have strengthened their squad with two signings with the arrivals at the Hawthorns of former Arsenal star Kanu and Hungary captain Zoltan Gera.

Kanu, who was available after the Premiership champions chose not to offer him a new contract, has signed a three-year deal after passing a medical and agreeing personal terms.

Midfielder Gera has also agreed a three-year deal, with the option of a further year, after his 1.5m transfer from Ferencvaros.

TRD

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
West Brom have failed in two bids to sign highly-rated Anderlecht striker Aruna Dindane.

The Premiership new boys and Portsmouth have made offers for the player only for Anderlecht to reject their overtures.

West Brom boss Gary Megson is keen to bolster his attack for the new season and had hoped to team Dindane with new signing Kanu.

Dindane has spoken of his desire to leave Belgium for a new challenge although Anderlecht have rejected all bids for the player

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join