It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Southampton

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Southampton's Anders Svensson claims the club are chasing international team-mate Kim Kallstrom and reckons the move would be good for both parties.

The Saints midfielder and Djurgarden star Kallstrom are currently competing for a single place in the Sweden team, where Svensson regained the edge with his double against Poland.

But the Southampton man insists he would have no qualms about welcoming his rival to the growing Scandinavian contingent at St Mary's.

"I know that Southampton are interested. They have been and watched Kim," Svensson told Aftonbladet.

"They have also asked me what I think of him - Kim is a fantastic player."

Svensson had earlier hinted he was not entirely happy with the style of play at Southampton, but appears to have emerged from the end-of-season internationals with a more positive outlook.

"Southampton would be good for Kim, absolutely. A great stadium and a club that takes care of its players," he added.

"I haven't spoken to him about it yet but if a bid came in we would certainly talk."

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Kevin Davies has been released by Southampton following their decision not to renew his contract.

The 26-year-old's career has taken a massive nosedive since the heady heights of 1998 when he made a then club record �7.25million move from Saints to Blackburn and was considered one of the brightest young prospects in the English game.

However, his Ewood Park experience failed to live up to expectations and then Saints manager Dave Jones brought him back to the south coast in a swap deal for Egil Ostenstad.

But, despite returning to his spiritual home, Davies failed to recapture his form of old and has made only one start and fleeting appearances as substitute this season under current boss Gordon Strachan.

"It is very disappointing the way things have worked out here because I have been very happy at this club", Davies told the club's official website, www.saintsfc.co.uk.

"I did not want to leave but the writing has been on the wall for me almost since day one.

"It has been the same for me all year. The manager has not given me a reason but it is up to me to bounce back.

"I have known for a few weeks that I would not be getting a new deal but the manager only told me officially on Tuesday.

"I have a few irons in the fire and I am confident in my own ability. I will bounce back somewhere.

"I would like to have stayed here and I have nothing against the club or the fans who have been brilliant.

"I have heard a few whispers about Sheffield United but there is nothing definite. I will have a holiday and then see what happens."

Davies is a very good player and a move might see him get back to hids best..!

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Saints were linked with Ole Gunnar Solkjare but Rupert Lowe Saints Chairman has rubbished that link.

TRD

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I wouldnt have thought Ole would be going anywhere he had a very good season at Man United and Ferguson seems to have faith in him..

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Ole the super sub yeah!!

TRD

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Yep thats what he is know as but last season he started the most games and Ferguson preferred to pick him instead of beckham...

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   
He did at better job on the right than Beckham as well. He added more to the team and was a real goal threat. I can't see him leaving Old Trafford just yet.

TRD

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Well what about Kevin Davies he looked a great player in the making a little while ago and as far as i know he still hasnt got a club...

TRD

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Southampton boss Gordon Strachan wants to sign German great Oliver Bierhoff, even though the 35-year-old has retired. Strachan hopes to persuade Bierhoff to have one final fling at the top level....

well im not to sure about this,i dont think he will do that well considering his age and he has retired...

TRD

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Southampton appear to have won the race to sign Oldham's highly-rated defender Fitz Hall.

The Saints' offer of �250,000 has been accepted by the cash-strapped Latics board despite being lower than another bid from Everton.

The 22-year-old Londoner is expected to finalise the move on Monday after confirming he wanted to move back down south

TRD

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Southampton have signed French prospect Leandre Griffit from Amiens.

The 19-year-old attacking midfielder is a free agent but Saints have had to pay some compensation to the French Second Division side.

Griffit is Southampton's second summer signing following the arrival of full-back Darren Kenton from Norwich on a free.

TRD

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Southampton have won the race to sign Oldham's highly-rated defender Fitz Hall.

The Saints' offer of �250,000 was accepted by the cash-strapped Latics board despite being lower than another bid from Everton.

The 22-year-old Londoner finalised the move on Monday after confirming he wanted to move back down south.

"We have lost another player and that is a big blow considering the fee he has gone for," boss Iain Dowie told the BBC Sport website.

Dowie is angry that he was kept in the dark over the sale of one of his players for the second time following the recent �100,000 departure of Chris Armstrong to Sheffield United.

Hall - who goes by the magnificent nickname of Onesize - is a welcome addition to Gordon Strachan's squad but his departure is a big loss to struggling Oldham.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Southampton chairman Rupert Lowe has admitted that Wayne Bridge will hold the key as to whether he wants to join Chelsea.

Lowe did not actually confirm or deny whether Chelsea had made a second bid, believed to be around �7m, after their original offer of �6m had been turned down by Saints last week.

However, it is understood that Chelsea's new owner Ramon Abramovich has given the green light to raise the bid to secure the England international left-back's services.

The Southampton board must now consider whether to accept an improved offer and, if they do, it would be up to Bridge to decide whether to join Chelsea.

Lowe told the Daily Echo: "If and when anything happens, we will let you know. At the moment, there is nothing to report.

"Ultimately, it will be the player who decides if he wants to go."

TRD

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I think he will go if chelsea offer enough,players are showing no loyalty at the moment...But it would be a great career move for him...

TRD

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Chelsea have added England full-back Wayne Bridge to their Russian revolution in exchange for Graeme Le Saux and �7million.

Bridge is expected to at least triple his Southampton pay packet at Stamford Bridge while Chelsea will not comment on a suggestion they will continue to pay Le Saux's salary as well for his first year at St Mary's.

Saints would have had to shatter their carefully-controlled wage structure to sign up Le Saux, 34, on similar terms to his Chelsea deal.

Instead chairman Rupert Lowe insisted on Chelsea adding the former England defender to the package deal for Bridge.

Lowe said: "I'm sure Wayne would still be a Southampton player if Roman Abramovich had not taken over Chelsea. We are sorry to lose somebody we have groomed right from a teenager through to the England side but you can't make somebody play who doesn't want to be here.

TRD

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Southampton have completed the signing of French midfielder Yoann Folly from St Etienne.

The 18-year-old, who has represented his country at under-16, 17 and 18 levels, will cost the FA Cup finalists around �250,000.

Folly's parents come from Togo but he was born in France and therefore does not need a work permit.

The player told his new club's official website, www.saintsfc.co.uk: "It has been my dream not just to play here but to live here, so I am thrilled with this move.

"I love the lifestyle and have done ever since I was a young boy. They have great football here and I am really looking forward to a career here.

Saints chairman Rupert Lowe said: "It has taken a lot of hassle and haggling to secure this deal but I think it will be worth it.

"He is a very good player. He is very strong with quick feet and he scores a few goals."

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Kevin Phillips Signs for Southampton
for 3.2million pounds.

TRD

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hey Drunk im still about..

Yeah good signing by southampton,be interesting to see how he plays with beattie..

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Hey Drunk im still about..

Yeah good signing by southampton,be interesting to see how he plays with beattie..

Why were you bannned from ATS? you naughty boy!

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Well lets say im back for now..

Can't really say but TRD is still here..:bounce:

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join