It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Leicester

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Leicester are to make a formal application to have assault charges against three of their players dropped. The club's chief executive Tim Davies said lawyers for Paul Dickov, Frank Sinclair and Keith Gillespie had now applied for them to be cleared of charges.They were accused of carrying out the drunken assault while on a training break in La Manga in southern Spain earlier this year.

TRD

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Three Leicester City players accused of attacking three women during a training break in Spain have had all charges against them dropped.

Lawyers for Paul Dickov, Frank Sinclair and Keith Gillespie successfully applied for them to be cleared on Thursday morning, club chief executive Tim Davies said.

Prosecution lawyers now have a short time period in which they can apply to appeal against the decision.

TRD

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Leicester manager Micky Adams has offered striker Paul Dickov a new contract. Dickov has attracted the interest of Everton but Adams is keen to keep hold of the Scottish international as Leicester try to bounce back from relegation to the Football League.

TRD

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Leicester manager Micky Adams has expressed his interest his signing experienced striker Dion Dublin.

The 35-year-old former England international has been released by Aston Villa.

And having lost Paul Dickov to Blackburn, Adams sees Dublin as the player to spearhead their First Division challenge.

TRD

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Leicester City have signed Dion Dublin on a free transfer after he was released by Aston Villa.

Thirty-four-year-old Dublin has agreed to join the Foxes from July 1 subject to him passing the statutory medical.

Dublin has spent the last four-and-a-half years at Villa Park but his first-team opportunities have gradually become limited during the past 12 months.

He netted 15 goals during the 2002-03 campaign but his appearances last season were chiefly as cover at the back for either Olof Mellberg or Ronny Johnsen.

TRD

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Leicester manager Micky Adams have completed the capture of Leeds wide man Jason Wilcox on a 12-month contract.

Wilcox, another victim of the West Yorkshire club's financial troubles, has joined the Foxes on a free transfer from Elland Road.

Meanwhile Leicester are keen to reach a resolution with Nottingham Forest following midfielder Gareth Williams' decision to quit the City Ground and switch to the Walkers Stadium instead.

TRD

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Leicester City's deal to bring in Sunderland midfielder Jason McAteer on a one-year contract has collapsed.

The 33-year-old was set to sign on a free transfer after being released by Sunderland at the end of last season.

TRD

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Leicester City have taken former Derby County defender Youl Mawene on trial at the Walkers Stadium.

The 24-year-old rejected a new contract offer from Derby at the end of last season and is now a free agent.

TRD

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Leicester manager Micky Adams is hoping new signing Martin Keown can bring a touch of the Highbury magic to the midlands.

Adams has won the race for the veteran 37-year-old central defender's signature after the former England international was released by Arsenal after 11 illustrious seasons.

TRD

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Leicester City manager Micky Adams has swooped to sign Iceland international midfielder Joey Gudjonsson on a free transfer. The 24-year-old Gudjonsson has put pen to paper a two-year contract with the Walkers Stadium club after having reached the end of his contract with La Liga side Real Betis.

TRD

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Leicester have secured the services of striker Nathan Blake on a one-year deal.

The 32-year-old Wales international's contract with Wolves was not renewed at the end of the last season and he had been training with Sunderland, but Foxes boss Micky Adams has made the frontman his 10th summer signing.

TRD

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Leicester boss Micky Adams is keen on adding former Nottingham Forest midfielder Scot Gemmill to his new-look squad after a successful trial.

Gemmill played in three pre-season games but Adams says any potential deal is being held up by cash concerns.

TRD

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Leicester City have officially announced the former Hearts head coach Craig Levein as their new manager. Earlier on Friday, the two clubs came to an agreement over compensation for the 40-year-old's services.

He has signed a two-and-a-half year contract and will take in the game against Cardiff on Saturday.

"There is only one reason for my decision and it is my ambition to manage in England and get into the Premiership," he said.

"It was hard to say goodbye to some good friends and people I enjoyed working with immensely, and particularly the players who gave me the opportunity to join such a fantastic club as Leicester.

"For a year or so now I've been looking, and I realised to get to the English Premiership, where I wanted to be, it would be difficult to do that from a provincial club, which Hearts are.

"I've been looking for a club with the same ambition as I have, and the recent history of Leicester would dictate that they are a Premiership club.

"I'm very confident that we match each other's ambition and we can move forward together."

BBC Sport

top topics

<< 1   >>

join