It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Leicester

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Motherwell's Scotland Under-21 international midfielder Stephen Pearson has admitted a desire to play in the Barclaycard Premiership.

And Leicester City manager Mickey Adams confirmed he was contemplating handing the 20-year-old the chance to do just that.

No bid has yet come in for the tough-tackling midfielder, who was the star of a struggling side alongside full international James McFadden last season.

Pearson told www.lcfc.co.uk: "It is great to be linked with a Premiership club and I am discussing the matter with my agent.

"Every player wants to better himself and you know that in the Premiership the quality is higher and you'll be learning every day."

The left-sided player has been tracked by the Foxes, who secured promotion to the top flight along with Portsmouth and Wolves.

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Former England international Steve Howey has agreed to join newly-promoted Leicester from Manchester City.

Howey arrived at the Walkers' Stadium to agree personal terms after the two clubs had agreed an undisclosed fee.

The 31-year-old central defender has signed a one-year deal after making 103 appearances for the Maine Road club.

City manager Micky Adams told the club's official website, www.lcfc.co.uk: "We are delighted to be getting Steve on board.

"He is a former international defender with proven Premiership experience and will be a good addition to the squad."

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Manager Micky Adams, poised for a triumphant return to the Premiership, is playing down his reputation as a worker of football miracles.

Adams enjoys hero status at the Walkers Stadium where, less than a month after securing the Foxes' return to the Barclaycard Premiership, he has put pen to paper on a new three-year deal.

He had succeeded Dave Bassett, the Foxes' current director of football, in April 2002 but Leicester's fate had been sealed long before, with the three draws and a win recorded during Adams' four-game top-flight tenure too little and too late to prevent relegation into the Nationwide First Division.

The Yorkshireman bounced back with the Foxes at the first time of asking though as Leicester finished in the second automatic promotion spot, runners up to champions Portsmouth.

But Adams is guarding against runaway success this time around and warned: "People say I've never lost a Premiership football match as manager but let's see the fixture list before we predict how long that'll last.

"But I've accepted the challenge of being a manager in the Premier League next season and if I hadn't accepted it, you can bet there'd have been 60 others who would have.

"What we've got to do now is manage the fans' expectations and that's important because it's not going to be easy next season.

"Hopefully we'll survive, but I'm not going to say we definitely will because the Press will throw that back in my face if we don't.

I think Leicester will really struggle this season and are a near certainty for the drop...

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Howey is the type of player West Ham should be going in for. Solid defender with lots of top flight experiance.

TRD

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Well its not a bad deal for leicester he is a pretty good player,but i still think they are really going to struggle..

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I agree, they haven't got enough to stay in the top flight.

TRD

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Keith Gillespie has agreed a two-year deal with Barclaycard Premiership newcomers Leicester.

The out-of-contract former Manchester United, Newcastle and Blackburn midfielder has also successfully completed a medical at the Walker's Stadium.

Well i think that is a great signing for leicester christ knows how they managed to get him im surprised other clubs didnt go after him.....

TRD

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Leicester's new veteran striker Les Ferdinand has admitted he signed up to the Micky Adams revolution after the manager impressed him during preliminary talks.

The ex-England forward, who will be 37 in December, was being chased by a number of clubs after his short-term deal with West Ham expired after the club were relegated from the Premiership last season.

Reports suggested the Hammers were even trying to re-sign him but Ferdinand wanted to remain in the top flight and Leicester, promoted after finishing second behind Portsmouth in Division One, offered that opportunity.

TRD

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Leicester City manager Micky Adams has completed his 3rd signing in three days with the capture of Lilian Nalis from Italian club Chievo.

Adams secured the French midfielder on a free transfer on Friday morning, further strengthening his squad following the signing of Keith Gillespie and Les Ferdinand.

The Foxes manager had targeted Nalis while the midfielder was at Bastia 12 months ago, and has now lured the 31-year-old from Serie A to the Premiership.

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon
I agree, they haven't got enough to stay in the top flight.

Just like Pompey if we let Merse go then thats not good Leicester have been in the Prem b4 so they no what it takes.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Leicester expect to complete the signing of Tottenham defender Ben Thatcher later on Thursday.

The Foxes have agreed terms with both Spurs and Thatcher, who arrived at White Hart Lane in a �5m move from Wimbledon three years ago, and are waiting on the results of a medical before making the transfer official.

Leicester manager Micky Adams said: "I have been interested in him for a while but it has been a long and protracted affair in terms of putting everything together and persuading him to move here, because he is a southern boy.

"Thatcher is a tenacious defender who can play at either left-back or on the left side in central defence. He also has good pace and Premiership experience and I believe he will be a big asset to our squad.

"He is coming up for his medical and, subject to that, will sign a three-year contract and go with us next week on the trip to Finland," he added on the club's official website.

Adams also revealed he is close to completing a deal to bring another, unnamed, Premiership player to The Walkers Stadium.

TRD

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I don't think it really matters who they sign i think they are going straight back down...Ferdinand made a mistake going to Leicester,he just went through a relegation battle with West Ham why leave and step straight into another one??

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Leicester boss Micky Adams unveiled new signing Ben Thatcher on Monday and confirmed Craig Hignett would be joining the Foxes within the next 48 hours.

Thatcher, 27, has signed a three-year deal with City following his transfer from Tottenham Hotspur for a fee Leicester describe as "nominal" but which will reportedly rise to about �500,000 should the newly-promoted Foxes secure a second season of Piership football.

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Leicester manager Micky Adams has continued his hectic pre-season rebuilding work by extending Gerry Taggart's stay at the Walker Stadium and recruiting French defender Nicolas Priet.

Northern Ireland international Taggart has penned a new one-year contract, which was initially offered at the end of last season.

Leicester have also signed their 10th player of the summer, with 19-year-old left-sided defender Priet joining on a free transfer from French champions Lyon.

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Leicester manager Micky Adams is on the verge of making Blackburn defender John Curtis his eleventh signing of the summer.

Curtis will move to the Walkers Stadium on a two-year contract provided he passes a medical.

In addition to the 24-year-old's former Blackburn colleagues Keith Gillespie and Craig Hignett, Adams has already signed Paul Brooker, Danny Coyne, Les Ferdinand, Steve Howey, Lilian Nalis, Nicolas Priet, Ben Thatcher and Riccardo Scimeca since the club bounced back into the Premiership at the first time of asking.

TRD

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Leicester have signed Ipswich striker Marcus Bent on loan for the rest of the season.

The deadline-dodging deal has seen the 25-year-old opt for the Walkers Stadium after Leeds, who were also interested, signed Cyril Chapuis from Marseille.

TRD

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Leicester City manager Micky Adams has denied he will make a transfer window move for Manchester United midfielder Nicky Butt.

And the Foxes chief insisted that City would have no money to spend in January and any new blood brought in would only be via a loan signing.

Butt has hinted that he may have to consider a future away from Old Trafford after his recent lack of first-team opportunities.

TRD

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Kilmarnock have accepted a bid from Leicester for Scotland B international Peter Canero.

TRD

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Les Ferdinand's goal gave Leicester a real tonic after 10 days of turmoil and boosted their survival campaign.Ian Walker made good saves to deny Stan Lazaridis, Clinton Morrison and Bryan Hughes as Birmingham took charge of the match after Leicester started well.But early in the second half Muzzy Izzet picked out Ferdinand, who scored from six yards with his left foot.

what a great win for Leicester after all the trouble trhat has surrounded the club with the rape claims!!

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Thats a great result for them and it pulls them out of the bottom 3 and a goal by the old war horse Les Ferdinand..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join