It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Sweet Cherries Victory..

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Bournemouth stars Carl Fletcher and Steve Fletcher scored three of the Cherries' goals in a 5-2 Division Three play-off final win over Lincoln.

Sean O'Driscoll's side recorded a convincing victory over the Red Imps at The Millennium Stadium in Cardiff to bounce straight back to Division Two following relegation last season.

They went ahead in the 29th minute when Marcus Browning headed back a hopeful punt of a free kick into the path of giant striker Steve Fletcher, who swivelled to fire a 12-yard volley past the despairing dive of the Lincoln goalkeeper..

It's good to see bournemouth go back up,I had actually backed them to win the league but never mind..Nice to see a few goals go in some of these play-offs can be a bit tight and the teams can get very nervous..

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I watched it, wasn't a bad game, at least it had goals.....

TRD

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yeah it wasn't bad, bournmouth aint that bad they used to be a feeder club for west ham..Not that we got that much from them,they did better out it...

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Yeah it wasn't bad, bournmouth aint that bad they used to be a feeder club for west ham..Not that we got that much from them,they did better out it...

It was because Harry had such strong ties with Bournmouth. He wasted alot of our money buying players who couldn't make the grade.

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Yep agree their but i dont think he wasted money as Matty Holmes was about 50 grand and was sold for 1 million..also another one i cant think off right now went for quite a bit aswell...

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If you add up the transfer fees and wages, I bet we didn't make a profit overall. Most of the players we signed ended up going back for nothing a few years later as well.

new topics

top topics

join