Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Palestinian "miracle baby" draws crowds to Bethlehem

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Is it coincidence or providence??? The paper quickly identifies the dead uncle as a terrorist, but who is to say? Dead men tell no tales...

"It is a gift from God," declared Aysha Ayyad, after her grandson was born with a large birthmark across his cheek that roughly spells out in Arabic the name of his uncle, a Hamas terrorist killed by Israeli troops several months ago. The two-week-old baby is attracting crowds to his Bethlehem home; the devout Muslim family believes the mark is a divine message of support for the Palestinians in their struggle against Israel.

When the infant was born two weeks ago, the family planned to name him for his father. But noting that the birthmark roughly formed the Arabic letters spelling "Ala," the family took it as a divine sign that he should be named after his dead uncle.

Ala Ayyad, 25, was killed by Israeli troops on March 25, 2003, in an ambush prepared by a special undercover Border Police unit waiting to arrest the Hamas terrorists. Ayyad was suspected of involvement in the November 2002 suicide bombing attack on a bus in Jerusalem's Kiryat Menachem neighborhood, in which 12 Israelis were murdered. In the ambush that killed Ayyad, a Palestinian civilian and Christine Sa'ada, a ten-year-old girl, were also killed.

Read The Entire Article

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Ala is about as common in Arabic, as the name Chris is in English.

Most arabic symbols are just small arcing marks, so I could crap out a log in the john that spells "Ala", but I wouldn't call it a "miracle"

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
i have a birthmark that looks like a fish on my back. all i see on the child is a big A

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
i think this is more of a strange coincedence than anything else. people will see what they want. like christ in the cornflakes. look for something or maybe at something long enough it can be anything you want it to be. no miracles here, and if it isnt a miracle the only thing coming from this is a young boy with giant spots on his face. some karma.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
"It is a gift from God," declared Aysha Ayyad, after her grandson was born with a large birthmark across his cheek that roughly spells out in Arabic the name of his uncle, a Hamas terrorist killed by Israeli troops several months ago. The two-week-old baby is attracting crowds to his Bethlehem home; the devout Muslim family believes the mark is a divine message of support for the Palestinians in their struggle against Israel.

Exactely what Palestinians and Israelians needs. Now they'll think that allah is with them.

P.S : In my opinion, the baby mark is looking as Mickey Mouse. No ?

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Exactely what Palestinians and Israelians needs. Now they'll think that allah is with them.

Those are my fears as well. The baby can be used as a rallying point for the extremists.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
All I gotta say....

www.scaper.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
hahahaha good point darklanser

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
(sarcastically hums to himself)
...I love happy, happy, miracle bull#...

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Yeah, it may be divine now but wait til' he grows up and all the kids start teasing him. Its nothing more than coincidence, I personally dont think it resembles anything at all.....Looks like a birthmark if you ask me.

new topics

top topics

join