It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: Fight Night: Dynamite Dean Phillips v Jon Honney

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Dean Phillips' wait to return to the ring following his loss for the Commonwealth title last November, is finally over as he is set to return to action on Thursday May 12th, which will be televised by Setanta Sports Pay Per View 1 – Sky Digital 435 and will also be available to watch live over the Internet at www.fightnight.com and www.britishboxing.net along with participating websites.

TRD

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
As far as i can tell it might have been postponed due to the Graham v Bennett fight being called off, which was the main fight.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
that woul dbe too bad, dean has to be chomping at the bit to get back into action

TRD

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yeah Tj i don't know whats been going on, i was going to the fight but due to the wifes dad being in hospital i couldn't go. When i did a quick search, the Graham v Bennett fight is off and has been rescheduled so i'm guessing its the whole fight card...

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
dean hasn't been on here much lately, hopefully he will show up and let us know what is going on, when is the other fight rescheduled for?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Is it postponed now?

TRD

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I think its the 16th of june....

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
JUST as Dean Phillips was ready to box next week and begin a new chapter in his career, he has been forced to think again.

The 29-year-old Llanelli lightweight, inactive since losing a Commonwealth title challenge to Kevin Bennett last November, was booked to face Basingstoke journeyman Jon Honney in a rust-remover at London's Elephant and Castle Leisure Centre next week.

A good display could have earned him a shot at the winner of the night's main event, a British and Commonwealth unification bout between Bennett and domestic ruler Graham Earl, and a possible multi-fight deal with promoters Frank and Eugene Maloney.

But Earl has injured a hand and the whole show - due to be broadcast on Setanta Sports - has been put back to June 16 at the York Hall in the East End.

"I'll take a week off from training and then focus on the new date," said Phillips. "But it could leave me with a choice to make."

LINK

This is too bad, it sounds just like what happened to him in his last fight. The date got moved and his training schedule gets thrown off, very unfortunate. Hopefully he can put it all together and knock out Honney and get back on track.

Good luck on June 16th Dean.

[Edited on 5-13-2005 by ProudAmerican]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well, that friggin sucks. Hopefully he can reconcentrate his efforts on the new date, and be ready for the later date.

:loudhorn: We're pulling for you, man!

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Hi,

the new date has been confirmed for Sunday June 19th. it was to be 16June, but there is another big promotion on that same date, so it has now been moved to the 19th. It's very frustrating having dates moved all the time, but that's boxing - gotta take the rough with the smooth.

I'll keep you informed on developments, and tickets will be available very shortly.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Good luck man, let us know about the tickets, I'll get a few people together if it's at the York Hall.

TRD

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The York Hall would be a much better venue and a definate sell out...

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Up for it TRD?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
you will be able to get tickets from me. I'll let you all know when I have them.

Cheers.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
dean, in a perfect world how often would you like to fight?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
dean, in a perfect world how often would you like to fight?

One every two months, but its unrealistic to expect to fight that often.

I haven't had any work yet this year, despite all the training and preparation. That goes unnoticed of course, and I don't get paid for that, so I have earned nothing at all this year from boxing.

[Edited on 5/18/05 by DynamiteDeanPhillips]

TRD

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon
Up for it TRD?

I'm always up for it...

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
hey,

as the match was postponed, the way you where training, would your peak time have been in time for that match? or the fact that its been moved make you in better shape for it being reschueled in June?

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
hey,

as the match was postponed, the way you where training, would your peak time have been in time for that match? or the fact that its been moved make you in better shape for it being reschueled in June?

I was 100% ready for that date, but as soon as I found out about it being put back to a new date, I had to take a week off from the gym and then focus on the new date.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DynamiteDeanPhillips
I was 100% ready for that date, but as soon as I found out about it being put back to a new date, I had to take a week off from the gym and then focus on the new date.

Does that make it rough on your body, or is it pretty easy to get over the shift in training schedule?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join