It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is suicide selfish?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 01:24 PM
link   
But stewards, if it was a life-death descision would let yourself live or your only son live?
By letting your son die that would be selfish. You gave up life for anothers.

God respects that. Another descision. If u got captured by an enemy, and he wanted u to tell him everything u knew about your country's defense, would you tell him?

Look at those people who died so that plane could not be used to attack the White House. Thoses people died for their country.

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Jedimaster

I feel the you have somewhat not understood my reply. If you read it again you will see that I said it would have been the right thing for the father to have done and layed down his life for his son. THIS IS NOT CLASSED AS SUICIDE. Not according to the Bible anyway.

Also The people on the flight that crashed in pensylvannia did not commit suicide. they tried to overcome the terrorists to regain control of the plane.

I for one am a great sympathizer for the american people involved in that tradgedy. I have many friends who live in New York. If you look at my Avatar you will see the New york state flag, This is to say that they have my continued support.

To answer your seconed paragraph. What you said does not involve any suicide that I can see. The answer to that question is one of debate.

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stewardsBut it would be seen as murder in Gods sight if the resistant had killed himself because his life was the only one in danger there.

...But the suicide *would* save the lives of his resistance *partners*...

What was that Steward? You don't think that his *partners* wouldn't get tracked down & killed if the first captured resistor had to give vital info under torture?

In that case, it should be considered as a sacrifice to save the the lives of the other resistors...That is, *if* it's a resistance organized to eliminate tyranny & oppression (The Underground Resistance against the Nazi's during foreign occupation of France, for example).

IMO, it should be more of a question of "What do you really have on your mind when contemplating suicide?" If you're suicide would actually *save* one or more lives if you die, then it's not selfish...But if your mind is more crammed with *yourself* when contemplating suicide, then it's not a sacrifice.

[Edited on 17-11-2002 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Hello

Ever been to a hospital?
alot of people will be in extreem pain till the day they will die, and that can be years and years, so its selfish that they want to die?

its selfish to let them stay alive!
just because you want them, they must stay alive and be in pain and pain and pain.
put them out of there misery and pain!.

if someone wants to commit suicide its fine by me, there selfish?
isnt it selfish just to think about your own feeling and not about the one who is commiting suicide!
there the ones in pain! not you!

and thats also a # thing from religion, because they are against euthanasia alot of people have to suffer, just so that they can go to heaven, thats it isnt it?
let people suffer so you can meet your stupid god.

i am pro suicide

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Hello

Ever been to a hospital?
alot of people will be in extreem pain till the day they will die, and that can be years and years, so its selfish that they want to die?

just because you want them, they must stay alive and be in pain and pain and pain.

isnt it selfish just to think about your own feeling and not about the one who is commiting suicide!

and thats also a # thing from religion, because they are against euthanasia alot of people have to suffer, just so that they can go to heaven, thats it isnt it?

i am pro suicide

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Hello

Ever been to a hospital?

i am pro suicide

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by stewards
Mr UP

I'm afraid that I can see that you have twisted your own words.

First of all you mentioned a resistant who could either evade capture by killing himself or get caught and recieve torture and hand over info. This is not the same as nor can it be compared to the father and son cliff situation.

I'm not twisted by my owns words. In the 2 case, it's a sacrifice that save others lives.

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wintermorg
Hello

Ever been to a hospital?

If God gave you a brain, may be you can use it.

Those peoples don't want die. They don't want to suffer anymore.

Give them 2 pills. With the first pill, they will die & they will not suffer anymore.

With the other pill, they will NOT die & they will not suffer anymore and they will have a normal live.

I think that they'll take the second pill.

They want to die cuz they don't have another choice to stop their pains.But if they had another choice......

kim

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 06:55 AM
link   
yeah UP but they dont have that other pill do they? so really, dying for them would be a release- no more pain- hey if they were religious they should be happy. theyre off to see their 'god' arent they.
which leads me to this, if a religious person- believed in god and everything- was as holy as a priest, if they were seriously ill, if they were in a lot of pain, then by letting someone kill them, no other option available, would they then be seen as to go to hell? sorry, but this whole religion thing seems pretty sadistic.
they say that god will end all suffering, but people can stay in pain for years before it all ends. does that sound loving to any of you?

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Bah, I had this conversation somes month ago.It's in another topic. I'll not debate one more time.It's useless.One time, that's enough.

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 04:00 PM
link   
i can see **most** of you have been looking at suicide very analytically...thats good, that means a good amout of you have common sense. However, have any of you ever gotten that call, you know, the one that says you friend was just found dead hanging by her shoestrings in a bathroom? Trust me, i have gotten that call, and once you come to the realization that your friend just committed suiced your views have a way of twisting themselves. So am i pro or anti suicide? I have no idea, i have seen how it hurts people and i have tried to kill my self before...its no easier on either side.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join