It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: Comming Soon!!...Interview with Dynamite Dean Phillips!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Well we have an upcomming interview with UK pro boxer 'Dynamite' Dean Phillips.

We would like to do a follow up to it so if anyone has any questions they would like to ask Dean about himself or boxing post them here so we can compile them for the next interview.

Dean has registered here at sportztawk and you might have seem him around the forums.

There is a sportznewz profile on Dean if you want to check it out.

PROFILE CLICK HERE!

Also if there is enough interest we will be doing a live online chat using the sportztawk chat room...

[Edited on 3/1/05 by TRD]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
great stuff TRD in sorting this out and aranging with Dean to have a interview here on sportz tawk.

a few questions which would be nice to hear is about your role model in this career, your fav boxer of all time and what inspired you to box?

that a few i thought of,

looking really good TRD,

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Couple of questions:

1. In your division, do you find that strength or speed are more important?

2. Do you study videos of your opponent a lot or only occasionally?

cheers

Ben

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The interview should be posted in a week or so and hopefully would give you our fellow sportztawkers a chance to maybe come up with more ideas, branching off of these questions.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
he has a college degree. most unusual among boxers....what makes him want to continue in the ring with his education?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
question:

before you fight do you make yourself purely hate your opponent? And if so what do you do to build that hatred? Convince yourself he's slept with your wife or something? If so how do you control it, how far can you take it so that you remain focused?

well that's a few questions but oh well...

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
how did you get the nickname dynamite? was it management who thought of it, or you? or just a name you carried since you where young?

TRD

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Good questions...

I like them...Keep them comming....

I never thought to ask where the Dynamite came from lol!

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
what other sports do you like?

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Neat i will be looking forward to this.

How about do you smoke and drink? Do you have a special diet?

How does it affect your everyday life bing a pro boxer?

Can i have a signed photo?

Does it help you getting chicks being a pro boxer?

TRD

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I guess some sports stars have no problems getting chicks lol!

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
do you worry about the damages repeated blows to head can do to you? or does this just provide you with a reason to be better at dodging

Sir

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I would like to ask..

Do you get to meet a lot of famous celebraties?

With all the controvasity in the sport would with the drugs. Have you ever thought about taking performance enchaning substances?

Taking all weights aside, who would you like to fight the most past and present?

Whats the best fight you have seen?

TRD

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
A few more good questions, keep them comming....

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
how do you get along with other boxers oustide the ring, is there alot of tension between you all or is it a good atmosphere?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
There are some really good questions here; I am looking forward to answering them in the interview. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
thanks dean for the oppurtinity

another little question, while out e.g a pub, have people ever tried provoke you on the basis that you are a boxer to get a fight?

just thinking along the lines that cos you are most likely to flatting just about any1 in a pub hehe if cos of your boxing status, some1 walks up and tries have a go

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
thanks dean for the oppurtinity

another little question, while out e.g a pub, have people ever tried provoke you on the basis that you are a boxer to get a fight?

just thinking along the lines that cos you are most likely to flatting just about any1 in a pub hehe if cos of your boxing status, some1 walks up and tries have a go

I have never had any trouble of that kind while out. however, when in training I stay away from the pub/club scene.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I have another question, although I'm not sure if it's been asked already:

Do you think Boxing is a dying sport? What I mean is, it seems the money men (e.g. Don King) have drained the sport of all it's spirit and of it's heroes...and all that seems to be left is boxers who are interested in the big money and little else...especially the love of the sport.

It seems many spectators have becomes very apathetic of the sport and when a big fight is on instantly wonder whether the fix is likely in or whether it's a complete mis-match.
Are the days of Muhammad Ali Vs George Foreman e.t.c. over in your opinion?

TRD

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Dean don't answer any questions in this thread, they are for the next interview..

Nice question John BTW...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join