It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats your favorite Role playing game?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 10:13 AM
link   
my fav RPGs are fallout 1/2 Deus Ex and Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, thats one of the best RPGs i have ever played
, Never winter nights was pretty boring :shk:

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Computer RPG was EQ, back in the early days of it... That was a lot of fun...

I'm more into Pen and Paper ones though...

Good old D&D is still my favorite....2nd Edition...though I've got all the 3rd edition stuff too...(just can't convince my players to go for it...oddly enough, our gaming group consists of 5 gals, and 3 guys...go figure, huh?)

Other favorites include the White Wolf universe (Vampire/Werewolf/Mage), Palladium (Rifts and Beyond the Supernatural, etc.), and even the Star Wars roleplaying game....

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 10:24 AM
link   
all the other star wars game sucked, except this one

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Battletech..mech warriors will rule the earth one day. I played the board game version one time for 72 hours straight with five fellow gamers. We also played DC hereos...D&D with superhero powers...and a lot more fun...especially if you have claws that can cut through five inch steel and have wings to fly with....can transorm into a bird...and can see for ten miles..my character was called Hawkthorn...he was a bad *sss.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Diablo 2 Expansion.

And Gazrok:
Idea/suggestion.........
You could get with William and get an online version of AD&D going here at ATS.....could play once a week or be done like an PBEM version but held here on a thread?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
And I'm being serious.....

It could and would be cool.

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Baldur's Gate 2:SOA - pc

Is probably my favorite single player RPG by far..

I probably would have liked to play D&D, but I never had the chance, then when I did.. I didn't want to cause I thought it would make me a geek (Little did I know, I was destined to be a geek anyway :p)

And now I don't know anyone who plays it

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
my brother used to have a dungeons and dragons club downstairs in our cellar back in the early eighties. sometimes if I was lucky he would let me be dungeon master and he would explore one of my dungeons. I always had a couple of gelatinous cubes in there , I just liked the sound of them, plus a red dragon thrown in for good measure.
now I'm all grown up I still like RPGs .I've done baldurs gate 1 and 2 and neverwinter nights. I've just started playing gothic II and thats pretty good so far.
My brother hasn't got his D&D club any more instead he has got a bit closer to the real thing as he takes part in re-enactments as a medievel knight.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
KOTR is cool so is Diablo II LOD. I just finished Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi academy. Its fun, they really should have waited another year and polished it though. Its good for about 4 days so rent it if you like these kind of games.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
For PC and/or console I would have to say the Elder Scrolls series.

Pen and Paper Im going to go with RIFTS

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This is almost an impossible question for me to answer seeing as how I've played so many...

But I'd have to say my top picks are, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Ultima 7, Fallout 2, Final Fantasy 3/6, and Baldur's Gate 2, in no particular order.

By the way, I'm not sure you could call Diablo or Diablo 2 a RPG. Sure, you level up and get more powerful, but there's no story to it. Fun, though.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
fallout series ruled.
Phantasy Star 4 and Shadowrun take me back to genesis days...

ff7 was good, I like ffx2

Morrowind was fun too...

EQ aint a RPG yo thats an MMOG
I shall be playing the part of the l33t l00t d00d3r

Wizardy 8 is pretty bad ass... but man does it get really hard!

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
im surprised only one of you mentioned fallout 2. basically mad max as an rpg. what could be better?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
kotor, diablo 2.
i also enjoy playing warhammer, with lead figurines, before i moved to the US i had a Vampire Count army of about 4000 figures, and a Orc and Goblins army with near on 5000, all painted and purrrrrrrrrrrty looking.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
KoToR is a great game
, you think they will ever make an expansion pack for it?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunkleskates
im surprised only one of you mentioned fallout 2. basically mad max as an rpg. what could be better?

actually, there is madmax mod for fallout2

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I consider world war 2 online an rpg.....so that gets my vote...i have achieved col. in the french army!! 89th recon battalion...im vodka420...second in command of our squad...we slaughter nazis all over the map[europe] man i have never been as addicted to a game as this one!! *S* 89th!!

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
:edit: it posted 2 times for some reason..it said i posted to soon

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
D&D since 1981. I've been through a lot of it's changes and it's always been a good rpg. My current group has been playing together for about 15+ yrs. We jumped right into 3E (3rd Edition) when it came out, even though we all had just about every previous supplement that came out. I think the D20 system is great. It's what the roleplaying world needed. Something to consolidate all the rules and allow for flexibility across all genres.

An online ATS game would be great. I put my vote in for it. Heck, I'd even run a game or two if need be.

[Edited on 1-23-2004 by darklanser]

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Seekerof, that's an interesting idea...but I'm more into the friends gaming in real life for it... I still run a campaign, (though little time for it lately)...

Any of the Baldur's Gate games rock... Even the Playstation II one....can't wait to get the sequel... My fiance' and I finished the first one in two days we were so addicted....and played till like 3am each day, hehe.... Good times...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join