posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 06:48 AM
Lennox Lewis will continue to resist calls to make a comeback despite the latest challenge by reigning WBC champion Vitali Klitschko. Lewis announced
his retirement after a controversial cuts win over the Ukrainian in June last year. Klitschko - who defends his title against Danny Williams in Las
Vegas next Saturday night - is desperate for another meeting.
Lewis will be ringside for that fight but he insists: "Whatever they offer me is not enough.
"At some point in your life you have to think about your health and your future. I've tried to make responsible decisions in my life and this is
definitely one of my biggest.
"I'm not really missing it and I'm glad I've given the chance to other boxers to have an opportunity to fight for the heavyweight championship of the
"I can just sit back and watch them and say to everyone, 'been there, done that'," Lewis told BBC Radio Five Live's Sportsweek programme.
Klitschko was furious with the manner of his loss to Lewis when he was forced out in the sixth round despite being ahead on all three scorecards.
Klitschko said: "I would love to fight Lennox Lewis again and I think a lot of people want to see this fight.
"But Lennox just all the time sends somebody else but not himself.
"Lennox was one of the strongest fighters I fought in the past and I wish he will come back but I do not believe he can do it."