It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: Phillips targets Bennett knockout

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hi there!

So what sort of push you aiming for next year?

A title fight perhaps?

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Speedfreak
Hi there!

So what sort of push you aiming for next year?

A title fight perhaps?

I could get an immediate shot at the Commonwealth title in the new year, and I will be aiming for the IBO title thereafter before turning my attentions to the major world titles

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
So your going for a rematch.

Hrmm so what the difference this time around? What makes you think you can take a world title now?

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   

So your going for a rematch.

Hrmm so what the difference this time around? What makes you think you can take a world title now?

I'm not making excuses for losing, because Bennett fought the right tactics in the fight...but I did go into that fight nursing a shoulder injury and that handicapped my best weapon, left hooks. I only threw 2-3 all fight. I was also ready for that fight beginning of September, as that was when it was originally meant to be, but then it was put back to November, and I kept training throught (20 weeks in total). Needless to say I was a bit flat come fight time. I believe I overtrained for that fight by about 8 weeks, and that brought on the shoulder injury some 3 weeks beore the fight. I had to take 10 days off from sparring.

A rematch would be a lot different.

[Edited on 12/17/04 by DynamiteDeanPhillips]

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Lets hope so.

Is it going to be on the box? If so i will catch the fight and see ya in action and hopefully kick azz.

So if you wasn't 100% for the Bennett fight why did you go ahead with it? I know you did all the training and stuff, but wouldn't it have been better to call it off.

Still you must have thought you had a chance even with the injury.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Lets hope so.

Is it going to be on the box? If so i will catch the fight and see ya in action and hopefully kick azz.

So if you wasn't 100% for the Bennett fight why did you go ahead with it? I know you did all the training and stuff, but wouldn't it have been better to call it off.

Still you must have thought you had a chance even with the injury.

I took a gamble with the shoulder as I thought it had healed fully, and I have never pulled out of a fight before. However, I hadn't thrown any left hooks for 10 days and when I started throwing them with full power in the fight, the snap had gone out of them. I thought I was in with a chance even with the injury though, and I proved this by putting up a competitive performance even with the injury. Despite that it was an opportunity that I couldn't afford to let go by. I will prove in the next fight that I was not 100% for the Bennett fight. It's easy talking about it, but it's in the ring that people take notice, so roll on 2005.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
hey DynamiteDeanPhillips

how did you manage to find you way on to here? one of the babe threads?

yer, it would be good if you get a interview on here, and good luck with your training for 2005 matches

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
hey DynamiteDeanPhillips

how did you manage to find you way on to here? one of the babe threads?

yer, it would be good if you get a interview on here, and good luck with your training for 2005 matches

Thanks mate.

I found the site via a search engine. My name came up on it, so I thought I'd check it out.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
hope you havent forgot this place Dean, did you have a nice christmas?

hehe. did you get gloves

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
hope you havent forgot this place Dean, did you have a nice christmas?

hehe. did you get gloves

Hey, I had a lovely Christmas thank you. Can't wait to get back into the gym to work off the turkey..

Hope everyone else had a lovely one here, and look forward to a prosperous New Year.

TRD

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Hey dean, i havn't been on much over christmas but i'll have that email for ya soon!

Hope ya had a good one and you had snow down in wales didn't ya? My friend in brecon had a white christmas...

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Hey dean, i havn't been on much over christmas but i'll have that email for ya soon!

Hope ya had a good one and you had snow down in wales didn't ya? My friend in brecon had a white christmas...

A little bit of snow but notta lot. Brecon is in North Wales, and I'm down South.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join