It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best and worst food

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The best is seafood or steak/prime rib.

The worst is beans. They are definitely overrated in the "healthy" category.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
The best is seafood or steak/prime rib.

The worst is beans. They are definitely overrated in the "healthy" category.

LOL...sorry...but this statement sounds like something the Rain Man would say. Yah...definitely KMart....definitely underwear from KMart...yah.

On another note...worst: ice cream....best: RED MEAT!...and...hrmmm...favorite: deep fried okra...yummy.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Have you ever had a standing rib roast? Absolutely the best thing I've ever eaten... Had one for Christmas dinner last year, and it was the best! Wish I had the dough for it this year (the meat alone was around $80!!!
) Man, that was good stuff....

With the wedding and all coming up though...not this year... Likely jsut another turkey...(which ain't bad either, hehe...)

Worst food? Definitely Hagas (sp?).... Whomever thought that up, needs to be burned at the stake....

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 12:57 AM
link   
.....quote/////On another note...worst: ice cream....best: RED MEAT!...and...hrmmm...favorite: deep fried okra...yummy.

Okra..Isn't that that jelly like stuff! looks like egg white consistency?(on the inside.little seeds)
I never liked Okra.......my mum makes it with chicken ......na never,ever liked it!

sweet stuff...fruit preserved in syrup...greek ..yum

hmmmmm Okra!

[Edited on 12/5/2003 by helen670]

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Best: anything I make.

Worst: McDonalds (actually, it can't really be classed as food).

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Butter Chicken....Its an Indian Dish..

Worst...........
Soy milk :w::w::w::w::w::w:

Deep

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Worst food? Definitely Hagas (sp?).... Whomever thought that up, needs to be burned at the stake....

That's Haggis I'll have you know!
What's wrong with Haggis? You seem like a man who likes good substantial meals. Haggis, mashed potatoes and turnips is one of my favourite meals.

Maybe you just can't get a good haggis in the US. You can buy them here in a sheep's stomach...delicious.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Hence the spelling (sp?) note, hehe....

I just have a thing about eating innards/organs, etc. hence my dislike of haggis...

Okra..Isn't that that jelly like stuff! looks like egg white consistency?(on the inside.little seeds)
I never liked Okra.......my mum makes it with chicken ......na never,ever liked it!

Chopped Okra looks like green Honeycomb cereal....and would usually have a consistency of like soft celery....may be what you're thinking of, but the "white" part throws me.... I'm not a big fan of it either...

BTW: Anything with the word "gumbo" in it means it's got Okra....

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Patlijan banir dolma and falafel.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Best food: tie - Pizza/chicken fried steak(deep fried beef, come on)
Worst Food: Anything vegitarian.

[Edited on 12/8/03 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Vegetarian is Indian for "He not so good hunter..."

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Vegetarian is Indian for "He not so good hunter..."

It's funny because it's true!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The best - Anything Japanese
The worst - Liver

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
Best food: tie - Pizza/chicken fried steak(deep fried beef, come on)
Worst Food: Anything vegitarian.

[Edited on 12/8/03 by NotTooHappy]

Amen though I'll have to add kebabs to the best food.
The only good vegs are carrots, potatoes and lettuce.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballet mom
The best - Anything Japanese
The worst - Liver

Yes, anything Japanese. They make great food.

But liver is always good if properly prepared.
Fry up some smoked bacon and leave the fat in the pan.
Add calf liver and onion while the bacon is still soft, salt and pepper.

Turn heat to high and fry in bacon fat until cooked.

It cooks in just a few minutes and the bacon/onion combo gives it an incredible flavor.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The only foods I CANNOT eat are turnip and swede - I can't even stand the smell of them cooking, and if I try to eat them I literally gag.

Apart from that, I love all kinds of food, especially trinidadian style of indian cooking.

However, I find myself eating less and less meat (apart from fish)

I still like meat, but don't seem to want it very often.
Weird.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Best food - generally fine french food. The best food I've had was a main course of fillet steak with asparagus, taters, wild mushrooms and foie gras jus in a restaurant in England. The next best was simply home made foie gras layered with black truffles, smeared over toasted bagguette slices, at an old bloke's house in France.

The worst food has got to be Mcdonalds burgers - absolute scum, and oysters too - most over rated food ever.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The best food for my taste is "Fettucini Cabanara". I love it and the worst food for me is "bacon". I hate it. I don't really liked any meat that has a smoked flavour..

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulene-abeth

doesnt carbonera have bacon in it? I am not too big on bacon by itself, but it is a great flavor enhancer for some dishes.

The best food is prime rib, or standing rib roast, same thing just different grade. I cook one for christmas every year, I let it dry age for a couple days, rub it with some canola oil, salt and pepper, cook it low and slow, then at the end crank up the heat to get a nice crust on it. Ah man thinking about that really makes me want to go get a small one and cook it up with some new potatoes, ceasar salad, and a nice glass, ah hell bottle of BV merlot.

I had to think really hard about my least favorite food, I dont really have one. I am not a huge fan of liver, I will eat it and sometimes enjoy if cooked right. However it isnt something that if I see on a menu out to eat that I am going to order.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Best Food...Chicken wings, multiple varieties being mood Dependant, Garlic Parm when I am adventurous and Buffalo style as the standby.

Worst..Liver.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join