It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: Scura calls out Cintron

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

For many years "Sucra" Ray Oliveira (47-9-2, 22 KOs) was a 140-pounder that many of the world's top junior welterweights avoided like the plague and now, as the self proclaimed gatekeeper of the welterweight division, the 37-year-old Oliveira has challenged unbeaten Kermit Cintron (24-0, 22 KOs).

"Micky Ward got his shot at Arturo Gatti," Oliveira said. "I never got a shot at either one of them. Tszyu, Mitchell, Judah, Leija.....none of them would fight me. I'm the only man to beat Vivian Harris and he's not even man enough to try and avenge his only loss. I've never turned down a fight. Hell, I fought Vernon Forrest on five-days notice. Now I'm a full-fledged welterweight and the same thing is happening.

"I keep hearing about some kid named (Kermit) Cintron being the next great welterweight. Well, if he's a real player, let him take on 'Sucra' Ray Oliveira. Everybody keeps saying I'm old, slowing down, and can't punch hard. Okay, come on Cintron, show this old-timer what you got. Everybody knows what I bring into the ring. If this kid can beat me, he deserves a title shot against Spinks or Margarito. But I'll take him to school, no doubt. The kid's going to find out I'm his daddy. Anywhere, any time. Let's do it, man."

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

join