It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: Ricky puts frustrations behind him

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

RICKY Hatton admits his frustration at failing to land a meaningful world title shot has caused his standards to slip.

But Hatton intends to refocus and produce one of his career-best performances when he defends his title against American Mike Stewart in Manchester tomorrow night.

At stake for Hatton is a position as leading contender for the IBF title - due to be contested between Kostya Tszyu and Sharmba Mitchell on November 6.

And after below-par performances against Dennis Holbaek Pedersen and Wilfredo Vilches, he knows he cannot afford to take Stewart lightly as he nears the big prize.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Great performance from The Hitman, destroyed Stewart which is something that Sharmba Mitchell couldn't do. Can't wait for him to lace up against Mitchell or Tszyu, doesn't matter which he's walking away with a new belt. Don't think he should fight Cotto, not yet anyway, the boy is tooooo hot right now.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Yeah Hatton should stay away from Cotto for the time being, because Cotto has the power to separate his head from his body. But I would like to see Hatton fight the Winner of Tszyu/Mitchell. That should be a great fight if it happens.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
LOL he could probably do it as well! Cotto is definately up there in the pound for pound stakes.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon
LOL he could probably do it as well! Cotto is definately up there in the pound for pound stakes.

Not yet, he still needs a couple of Big FIGHTS to make the list. If he keeps going the way he is he'll be there soon enough.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
True, to be considered top ten he does need to fight top quality fighters. I can't see many people taking him though.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

True, to be considered top ten he does need to fight top quality fighters. I can't see many people taking him though.

I wanna see Cotto fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. That should be an awesome fight. Also Cotto vs Gatti! *drool*

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The warrior Gatti, those fights last year were amazing.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

The warrior Gatti, those fights last year were amazing.

*I bow to the masta Gatti...... Im not worthy* :approve:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
What Gatti/Ward fight was your favourite?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   

What Gatti/Ward fight was your favourite?

My favorites were Gatti/Ward I and III

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I just love the impact of the first fight, superb!

top topics

join