It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: Hopkins: "I'll retire Oscar September 18"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   

On Tuesday Oscar De La Hoya called September 18's challenge to Undisputed Middleweight Champion Bernard Hopkins his last hurrah. On Wednesday 'the Executioner' seized on what he perceives as a psychological weakness in his big-name foe.

"Oscar is committing suicide if he is not coming in at 110%," Hopkins roared. "I'll tell everyone now I'm gonna set a pace which will kill him and I'll set it immediately and keep it there until the fight ends. He better not get tired! He better not get tired! This will be his last fight, that I can promise."

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I don't know if it'll be his last fight but it may be his last fight in this weight class.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by truenorth
I don't know if it'll be his last fight but it may be his last fight in this weight class.

I dont know but I think Oscar has a good chance to beat Hopkins if he comes in 100%. I know I'll be watching the fight and will be cheering for Oscar to win. :party-smiley-018:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
He's too heavy. His zip is gone. After this fight he'll figure that out and go down a class or two. Hopkins is going to rip him apart.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by truenorth
He's too heavy. His zip is gone. After this fight he'll figure that out and go down a class or two. Hopkins is going to rip him apart.

Yeah but as I read Oscar will be coming to the fight @ 157 so he should be pretty fast at that weight.

new topics

top topics

join