It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: AMIR KHAN RAISE BOXING'S PROFILE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Team GB boxing coach Terry Edwards is confident that Amir Khan's silver-medal success at the Athens Games will help raise the sport's profile.

Khan was the star of the show in the Olympic boxing competition, stopping two of his four opponents to set up a final showdown with defending champion Mario Kindelan of Cuba.

The 17-year-old produced another impressive display in the final, but Kindelan is an experienced campaigner and he secured a 30-22 victory to end the young Briton's gold-medal hopes.

However, it could not dampen the enthusiasm of the British supporters, who have followed him throughout the tournament and gave him a rousing reception when he walked out for the medal ceremony.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

TRD

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Awesome show by Khan. I still can't believe he is only 17.

He needs to stay a amatuer for awhile though, maybe go for the next Olypics and see what happens after that.

As for the Olympic final, i watched it and i thought the scoring was a bit unfair. Khan hit with some clean punches and they never scored. If they had Kindelan would have still just edged it but it would have been a hell of a lot closer.

join