It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu Maps...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Keep this handy...

www.fluwatch.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
OH MY GAWD!

I'M IN AN EPIDEMIC!

By the way, I have been suffering with the flu since Saturday morning.

Today is the first day I didn't feel like I was going to die. Which means I felt like warmed over death.

uggh.

In the bigger town next to us, which has the only regional hospital in the county (county has less than 100,000 people in it) there were 124 cases of flu in the ER on Saturday night...

I was NOT one of them...I suffered on my couch.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
oh crap iv had the flu since sat night! iv been out of work and rotting away at my comp. i dont even know what meaning today is. oh crap, that made no scence. im done. i hope this flu shuves off before friday, otherwise it will ruin my weekend

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It doesn't work for me at the moment, it would if I lived or visited the US.

I'm glad I get the flu shot every winter season.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   
That's strange the map say's Nevada has no activity
Yet........ the Las Vegas television news say otherwise. Of course our neighboring tourists will bring it in from 'epidemic Utah'.

I got my flu shot and to tell you the truth really haven't felt great. maybe that means it's working right? I hope all of you who have the flu feel better real soon. Drink plently of fluids and get plenty of rest.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Thanks! This one's a keeper -- I'll put the link in the forum library so we can all find it if we need it!

(Goddess -- talk about a Gratuitous Use Of Flash Site!! Don't try this one with a modem, kiddies!)

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Bah...says we are on alert...everyone here in Denver, Colorado has come down with it just about. People...mostly the very young....are dying from it...I think the last death counts was about a dozen or a little more.

Caught the flu over two weeks ago...just about when I thought I was getting better...got an ear and sinus infection. Still got crud in my lungs...but I smoke...and that doesn't help. Just yesterday got my hearing back...kinda weird being deaf. My sinuses still have fits...but...feeling about 90% all together now. Remember...good hygiene is a must this time a year...wash your hands...hehe.

[Edited on 3-12-2003 by xenongod]

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I put air purifiers in my childrens rooms, can't hurt right?
Lot's of Vitamin C will boost your immuine system.

UV lights are used in some hospital O.R.'s, I believe the U.V. light kills bacteria. Anyone have one, and care to comment on it?

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by chance
I put air purifiers in my childrens rooms, can't hurt right?
Lot's of Vitamin C will boost your immuine system.

UV lights are used in some hospital O.R.'s, I believe the U.V. light kills bacteria. Anyone have one, and care to comment on it?

Vitamin C is water soluable...meaning that it passes through the body a lot faster than most other nutrients. Be careful not to overdose on Vitamin C...maximum needed daily allowance is only 250-500 mg...depending on your size. UV lights?...never noticed them in hospitals...no idea. I have had this question going through my head for the last couple of weeks though: Why does influenze only strike in the Fall-Winter seasons?

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenongod
Why does influenze only strike in the Fall-Winter seasons?

Two words: Airborne virus.

There's instances of it during other months, but it's epidemic during the fall when the weather leads to colds leads to weaker immune systems and we're all indoors and there's more exposure.

Same epidemiology as conds. Folks get them year around but they're more common in the winter.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
my state is on watch i am also recovering from the flu

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
This flu map looks nothing like the one they just had on the news at 10:30pm

www.fluwatch.com...

What they showed on the news was toned down to look like the flu spreading across the country had been over blown and was actually less sever then had been reported. There is actually an epidemic.

Does this sound like the news has been manipulated?

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The flu is for sissys

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PolarBear
The flu is for sissys

Hehe...okay...let me spit in your mouth...enjoy. My wife had the flu shot...no luck in defending against what over a dozen children have died from here. Kiss my butt..that is just cruel to say it is for sissys when very young children are dying from it here....you heartless piece of #..that's right...P.O.S...uncool..very uncool.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Strange, My zip code has no activity but the neighboring zip code (1 block from my home) has a flu watch.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Not cool at all Polar Bear...you immune to the flu if not let us know when you get a touch of it...not bad for sissys, let us know how you feel if you get it!

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 02:20 AM
link   
What I don't understand is why everyone is all psycho about getting a flu shot when the virus going around is a separate strain. The immunization is for the strain that was going around last year.

I'd rather take my chances at avoiding the flu than getting some ineffectual immunization.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
EARLY PEAK
In Houston, the flu season arrived early, peaking at the end of October:

� Texas Children's Hospital then reported 130 cases of influenza, confirmed by laboratory testing, per week.

� The current case load is less than 10 percent of that.

The nationwide sweep of influenza has now been classified by federal health officials as an epidemic in the wake of 42 youngsters' deaths and 36 states reporting widespread flu.

www.chron.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
EARLY PEAK
In Houston, the flu season arrived early, peaking at the end of October:

� Texas Children's Hospital then reported 130 cases of influenza, confirmed by laboratory testing, per week.

� The current case load is less than 10 percent of that.

The nationwide sweep of influenza has now been classified by federal health officials as an epidemic in the wake of 42 youngsters' deaths and 36 states reporting widespread flu.

www.chron.com...

Damn...this sucks...eh? Like I said...I already had and everyone around me...just about...had it....it sucked. Children are still dying from it here...and the flu shot DID NOT defend against it...not at all. My biq question is this: Why does it only occur in fall and winter seasons?

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Weird. The same virus is on a roll here in Finland too. My friend called me a a couple of weeks a go from small scale war games held by the Finnish army. 1000 of the 3000 soldiers participating had come down with the virus.

Almost everyone of my friends have had the virus, non-army people too. Apparently we've passed the peak in Finland but I heard that there's gonna be a second wave in January.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join