It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: Bernard Hopkins: ''This Aint Hagler-Leonard''

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Bernard Hopkins is less then a month away from facing Oscar De La Hoya on September 18, 2004, a bout where Hopkins is a heavy favorite to win. BoxingScene posed the question to Bernard with respect to this fight being the new age version of Hagler-Leonard.

BoxingScene: Experts are calling this fight the next version of Hagler-Leonard, do you feel that this fight is the next Hagler-Leonard?

Hopkins: The experts are comparing this fight to Leonard-Hagler because they are looking for any way for Oscar De La Hoya to beat me. They are hoping that I lose this fight. Oscar De La Hoya doesnt fight like Sugar Ray Leonard and I dont fight like Marvin Hagler. This is not Hagler-Leonard, this is Hopkins-De La Hoya.

Hopkins is under the impression that if he doesnt knock De La Hoya out, the judges are looking to rob him of the decision.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I haven't seen anything from Oscar lately that would lead me to believe he could win this fight.

"Hopkins is under the impression that if he doesnt knock De La Hoya out, the judges are looking to rob him of the decision."

With the officiating I've seen this year, his fears are justified. AND if Guy Jutous is one of the judges, I wouldn't even bother to fight, unless you are the one that bought him.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by truenorth
With the officiating I've seen this year, his fears are justified. AND if Guy Jutous is one of the judges, I wouldn't even bother to fight, unless you are the one that bought him.

LMAO!! that's so true it's not even funny.

join