It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: Calzaghe-Tarver Talks Begin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Frank Warren, the promoter of Joe Calzaghe, has confirmed that talks have begun for a super fight showdown between undefeated Joe Calzaghe and light heavyweight champion Antonio Tarver.

Calzaghe was slated to face Glen Johnson in his light heavyweight debut, an injury to Calzaghe's back postponed the fight. It appeared that the two men would meet after Calzaghe healed but Johnson signed to face Roy Jones Jr., on HBO in the Fall.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I dont know about you guys but I really want to see this fight happen.

I think Tarver will win, but still a good fight.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Joe Calzaghe could be in line for a crack at WBC light-heavyweight champion Antonio Tarver.

Calzaghe's promoter Frank Warren has confirmed that he has opened negotations for a showdown with the man that sent shockwaves through the boxing world when he knocked out Roy Jones Jnr in May.

WBO super-middleweight champion Calzaghe has not fought since his February battering of Mger Mkrtchian and was forced to pull out of a proposed showdown with IBF light-heavyweight holder Glen Johnson due to a back injury.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

TRD

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This could be a real good fight in the making, i hope they get it on. It's too tough to call a winner but i hope if it does go ahead Calzaghe is fully fit and raring to go.

top topics

join