It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: CINTRON LOOKS TO TAKE ANOTHER STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   

When I think of Kermit ‘The Killer’ Cintron one word comes to mind. Improvement. The Puerto Rican welterweight has been on a great run lately and seems to be getting a better sense of his abilities as each fight passes by.

It wasn’t long ago I remember Cintron's appearance on Showtime’s Shobox series and seeing a fighter who seemed to be a bit out of place inside the ring. He scored a couple of victories and impressed me with his quick knockout over fellow prospect Omar Davila, but for the most part I didn’t see him as a fighter who would be making waves in the fight game. Fast forward a few years and ten victories later and I am most definitely singing a different tune in regards to the 24 year old Reading, PA resident.

Although Cintron has always been a fighter with a lot of tools to work with, it just seems as though he now is truly coming into his own. He is tall, strong, seems to have plenty of pop in both fists, and on top of all of that he seems to be a very patient fighter who knows when to attack and when to hold back.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

join