It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: DON KING PLEDGES COMPLETION OF 101st AIRBORNE MONUMENT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Don King the world-renowned boxing promoter has once again shown his philanthropic side during a morale-boosting visit to Ft. Campbell, Kentucky last week. King came through with a completely unexpected pledge of $150,000 that will be used to complete a monument honoring the mightiest division on the planet the “Screaming Eagles” of the 101st Airborne Division. “They are the vanguard of our nation and I am honored to be able to help them,” King said. “These men and women have risked their lives on foreign soil for our freedom and I’m privileged to do whatever I can.”

King was at Ft. Campbell during the “Week of the Eagles,” an annual celebration honoring the 101st Airborne’s illustrious past, present and future. On Thursday, June 17th he was present for the unveiling of a jet-black granite obelisk with panels depicting the history of the 101st. It was noted that the monument would not be completed until additional funds were raised for life-size bronze statues of four “Screaming Eagle” soldiers wearing the uniforms and carrying the weaponry from various periods in the Division’s history.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

new topics

join