It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: CASAMAYOR vs SEDA HEADLINES SHOWTIME'S

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

One night before Americans celebrate Independence Day, a Cuban defector-turned world boxing champion, who celebrates his independence every day, will be featured in the main event on SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING.

“I want all the people in Cuba to have what I have, so I fight for their freedom,” said Joel Casamayor (30-2, 19 KOs), a former World Boxing Association (WBA) junior lightweight champion and current WBA No. 3/International Boxing Federation (IBF) No. 5 and World Boxing Council (WBC) No. 6 contender.

“I have many friends and family in Cuba who never will know what it is like to be free, to be able to do what they want, when they want. It is sad. But I pray that one day all of them can experience what I have since I came to the United States. I support all the Cuban people in their quest for freedom.’’

In a dangerous assignment, Casamayor meets undefeated former North American Boxing Organization (NABO) featherweight champion Daniel Seda (20-0-1, 16 KOs) in a 10-round fight Saturday, July 3, on SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING (9 p.m. ET/PT*). The co-feature from the American Airlines Arena in Miami, Fla., will be announced in the near future. Team Freedom Promotions with Northeast Promotions, in association with Cedric Kushner Promotions, LTD, will promote the SHOWTIME doubleheader.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

new topics

join