It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: Mike Tyson comes back or Something Like That

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Okay, Mike Tyson is coming back to fight British Heavyweight Danny Williams. Mike Tyson, who is in debt to IRS and various creditors, now is fighting to pay the bills. Hardly the best reason to fight but in the process, he might find himself sharing a share of the Heavyweight championship. Team Tyson appears to be planning his comeback with care, as his first opponent should be certain victory. Originally slated to fight Irish fighter, Kevin McBride, he is now going to fight Williams and let face it, Team Tyson would not risk their prize student in a preliminary fight that he could possibly lose.

Then there are the rumors of a Tyson-Tarver fight or a Tyson-Brewster fight, both that make sense. First, they are big money fights that could attract a PPV audience and second, these are fights with fighters that are fit for Tyson style. As my good friend Frank Lotierzo has written, Tarver does not have the power to stem off Tyson and Tyson will prove too strong for the light heavyweight champion. Tarver best chance would be prolong the fight into the later rounds but that is a very doubtful scenario. As for Brewster, this is one of those fights in which both men would exchange blows and may the strongest man win.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

TRD

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I have been watching Tyson closely in the news and it seems he is at his lightest weight for many years. He should dispose of William pretty easily. I think something has changed with him, he is looking like he has got back some of that fighting spirit and lost the followers and hangers on. It will be interesting to see what happens with him. If he gets back anything like he had before, the state of the Heavyweight division we could be seeing the second comming of Tyson!

join