It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Boxing: Eamonn Magee says he will return

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   


Former top flight junior welterweight Eamonn Magee was at ringside at the King's Hall, Belfast Saturday night and walking without the assistance of a cane.

The former Commonwealth Champion was dragged from his car in April and savagely beaten; he suffered a punctured lung, and a shattered left leg which required surgery to repair.

On Saturday he was still walking with a notable limp, but vowed he will fight again.

He said: "I'm getting better and am able to train in some ways. I will box again."

At the time of the attack, the 32-year-old was heading into a WBA welterweight title shot v Sharmba Mitchell.


CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY




posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   


EAMONN Magee is launching one of the biggest comebacks in the history of sport.

After his leg was smashed earlier this year in a row with a neighbour and he lay in hospital suffering multiple blood clots, Magee naturally declared that his ring career was over.

But his recovery has been simply amazing and the WBU welterweight champion returned to John Breen's gym this week to begin his road back to fitness and the ring.

Terminator Magee has already defied doctors and consultants with how he has recovered and the plaster surrounding his leg has now gone, though the Belfast man admits that he continues to take medication.


CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY



 
0

log in

join