It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Probe Into Beating of Man by Cops Begins

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

CINCINNATI � No decision would be made in whether Cincinnati cops used excessive force in subduing an unarmed 350-pound man, who later died, until an investigation was completed, the city's police chief said Tuesday "I think there's enough on the tape to have a preliminary judgment about what occurred," Cheif Streicher added. "It's obvious one of the officers was assaulted while he was trying to calm down Mr. Jones."

You know these silly social groups say it was racism, but the damn tape shows the man swing at a cop first. And this guy was huge he could've knoced his head off. In the autospy they discoverd he was on coc aine and PCP and amounts of the drugs where still in him, most likely causing his agressive behaviour. People are crying racism I'm saying the cops where justified in their defense.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Yeah, they were justified in killing him when the guy was just sleeping on the street and was being arrested for disorderly conduct for sleeping on the street while being black.

[Edited on 2-12-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I knew it! Knew you would say something like that
!

Colonel this has nothing to do with him being black. This man swung at the officer first and put his large arm around his neck. That man would've killed him, he was on drugs at the time according to the autospy. The black man did not follow the officer's orders to put his hands behind his back, and the officers yelled no racial remarks. Thhese officers were merely defending themsekves when a crazed man attacked them. But nowadays a white man cannot defends himself when a black man attacks him or its a "racial attack". But if its vice versa its ok. Its crazy.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Visa versa! What kind of bull# is that? When was the last time you saw black cops beat up on a white guy? Gimme a break. Ya know, people aren't even upset by this because THEY'VE BECOME ACCUSTOMED TO SEEING RACIST WHITE COPS BEATING ON BLACK MEN.

You know it and I know it.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
HOLD ON THERE COWBOY!!!

The black guy was yelling racial slurs at the white cops.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Oh, like you could hear him from the beatings. How come I didn't hear anything but the smacks from the batons!

Ya know, I saw two cops beat this drunk white guy down. (It was fun). You know what the difference was? The cops hit REAL hard....IN THE SHINS!

I tried to suggest the torso or the head area but they just kept beatin the guy on the shins. See the difference.

PS. I'm glad my favorite girl is back!

[Edited on 2-12-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
No Colonel, the men fought back in self defense. A black cop was even there later. What people think is that all black men are perfect angels and every time a black man is killed by a white man in SELF-DEFENSE! its racism. If some high black thug broke into my home with a gun,shot at my and I killed him in self defense, the Black Panthers would have a hit on me for racism. There is evil in both races, whites are not perfect and blakcs are not perfect even though you think so, so much.

Racsim was never an issue here, you can clearly see he swung at them in the tape. They responded with what they were trained to do. White men were beaten by cops like this beofre probaly but no one ever bithched about it. But somehow people get sympathy for a black druggie who tried to kill a cop and call this racism.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
No Colonel, the men fought back in self defense. A black cop was even there later. What people think is that all black men are perfect angels and every time a black man is killed by a white man in SELF-DEFENSE! its racism. If some high black thug broke into my home with a gun,shot at my and I killed him in self defense, the Black Panthers would have a hit on me for racism. There is evil in both races, whites are not perfect and blakcs are not perfect even though you think so, so much.

Racsim was never an issue here, you can clearly see he swung at them in the tape. They responded with what they were trained to do. White men were beaten by cops like this beofre probaly but no one ever bithched about it. But somehow people get sympathy for a black druggie who tried to kill a cop and call this racism.

Like I said, you are accustomed to seeing blacks being beaten by cops and think its ok. Now, you come up with these crazy scenarios which was NEVER the case.

REally. Are you afraid of a 400 lbs fat guy? I'm not.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I've seen two cases of black men being beaten by cops, Rodney King and this case. You rarely see cop beatings. Your showing no proof of this so called racism BS for this. Unlike Rodney King where he was beaten for being black and did nothing, this guy attacked a cop.

Well Colonel I ain't as cocky and arrogent as you, I would be wary of a guy 4 times my size.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I've seen two cases of black men being beaten by cops, Rodney King and this case. You rarely see cop beatings. Your showing no proof of this so called racism BS for this. Unlike Rodney King where he was beaten for being black and did nothing, this guy attacked a cop.

Well Colonel I ain't as cocky and arrogent as you, I would be wary of a guy 4 times my size.

I've seen NUMEROUS videos where cops beat, hose, and sic dogs on blacks FOR NOTHING!

This guy had no weapon and was not using deadly force but they just felt that he HAD to die.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
He swung at a cop and grabbed one of them aroudn the neck. I don't think he was going to give him a bear hug either.

link   
There is a unedited version of the police tape on this site
www.ktvu.com...

At the beginning of the first tape....you can hear the black guy calling the cops "WHITE BOYS"

I'm sure it isn't easy being black in this world but sometimes things really do happen by coincidence and I think this is one of those times.

You talking about me Colonel???

[Edited on 12/2/2003 by Venus]

link   

He swung at a cop and grabbed one of them aroudn the neck. I don't think he was going to give him a bear hug either.

Was he usiing DEADLY FORCE? No? Then, they shouldn't have killed him.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venus
There is a unedited version of the police tape on this site
www.ktvu.com...

At the beginning of the first tape....you can hear the black guy calling the cops "WHITE BOYS"

I'm sure it isn't easy being black in this world but sometimes things really do happen by coincidence and I think this is one of those times.

You talking about me Colonel???

[Edited on 12/2/2003 by Venus]

Of course, Trooper!

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 04:07 PM
link   
giggle giggle...........thanks

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Not a problem, Trooper. Now back to the program....

All the guy did was fall asleep in public in front of White Castle! This was his crime! So, for this, the guy deserves a tag on his toe?

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Interesting that you'd defend a drugged up guy purposefully assaulting a police officer...

Uhm...DUH!

When was the last time you saw black cops beat up on a white guy?

Every day on COPS???

Anyhow...just like Rodney King, this is all about race...when really, it's about an idiot hyped up on drugs endangering an officer, and the officers retaliated.

Look, this is simple. An officer of the law tells you to do something...you cooperate for the time being, and if he's in the wrong, you lodge the proper complaints, etc. There are rules to civil behavior and laws to what is allowed. Swinging on a cop is a felony...so regardless of what he was doing previously (or his race), he just committed a felony, and also endangered the safety of the cop...thereby fully justifying a physical response from the officers present.

As a lawyer, I'd think you would concur....

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
did Cincinnati police act appropriately to subdue Nathaniel Jones?

Choice Votes Percentage of 26846 Votes
Yes 21136 79%
No 5710 21%

I don't think anyone deserves to die in a situation like that but this time ........I really don't think it had anything to do with the color of his skin

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
He resisted arrest Colonel thats one of the big things here. Does being black justify him in attacking a cop?

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Interesting that you'd defend a drugged up guy purposefully assaulting a police officer...

Uhm...DUH!

When was the last time you saw black cops beat up on a white guy?

Every day on COPS???

Anyhow...just like Rodney King, this is all about race...when really, it's about an idiot hyped up on drugs endangering an officer, and the officers retaliated.

Look, this is simple. An officer of the law tells you to do something...you cooperate for the time being, and if he's in the wrong, you lodge the proper complaints, etc. There are rules to civil behavior and laws to what is allowed. Swinging on a cop is a felony...so regardless of what he was doing previously (or his race), he just committed a felony, and also endangered the safety of the cop...thereby fully justifying a physical response from the officers present.

As a lawyer, I'd think you would concur....

I don't watch Cops.

I agree withthe above statement but a cop can't use deadly force when there is no deadly force being used against him. Now, was what the cops did use of deadly force?

Well, is the guy dead?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join