It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: Danny gets 'Green' light from DiBella & HBO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Australian super middleweight Danny Green seemingly has the world at his feet right now as one of the most exciting hitters in boxing, but things couldn't be more confusing for him. While the WBC Interim champion awaits to see what will become of the sanctioning bodies' bankruptcy situation in court, he has been given the approval for an appearance on the HBO television network in the USA and will be promoted by Lou DiBella. The tough question for Green is whether he should sit and wait for his shot at the WBC title, now held by Italian Christian Sanavia or take up DiBella's offer to campaign in the USA. Adding to his concerns is the fact that the WBC now want Green to face WBC No.1 Mikel Kessler first to earn a shot at Sanavia.

"I should be fighting Christian Sanavia for the world title straight away," an annoyed Green told SecondsOut. After stopping Eric Lucas in Canada last December to become Interim champion, Green felt that he has already earned his shot at the world title. "It's all so crazy and unfair," he said. "The fighters are the ones who always seem to come second. I should be fighting Sanavia next, but they want me to face Kessler first. It's not that I don't want to fight Kessler. I want to fight Kessler for the title once I've beaten Sanavia and his time is due."

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

join