It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: Bob Arum: ''Oscar Owes The Fans An Apology''

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Bob Arum, promoter of Oscar De La Hoya stated to USA Today that he was very upset with the performance of Oscar De La Hoya against Felix Sturm.

"Oscar owes me an apology, I think, because I set this (June) thing up so both guys would look terrific and everyone would say how great they looked. That didn't happen." said Arum

"Bernard fought a beast, a big puncher and fought an intelligent fight and dominated. He fought brilliantly. Did he look sensational? No, but he fought the fight he should fight."

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Official announcement of the Bernard Hopkins-Oscar De La Hoya undisputed middleweight title fight will come June 29 in Los Angeles, but promoter Bob Arum is less enthusiastic about it now than he was two weeks ago.

That's because Arum, like many observers, was not impressed with De La Hoya's lackluster performance June 5 in his middleweight debut against Felix Sturm.

Although De La Hoya won a controversial decision to preserve a Sept. 18 date with Hopkins (who beat Robert Allen on the undercard), he was in poor condition.

"Oscar owes me an apology, I think, because I set this (June) thing up so both guys would look terrific and everyone would say how great they looked. That didn't happen," Arum says. "Bernard fought a beast, a big puncher and fought an intelligent fight and dominated. He fought brilliantly. Did he look sensational? No, but he fought the fight he should fight.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

join