It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: Pacquiao-Marquez II fight date in the works

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
LOS ANGELES—Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez want it. Their respective managers—Murad Muhammad and Bob Arum—have expressed willingness to do a rematch.

On Thursday, some things will surely get settled.

Muhammad said he and Home Box Office executive Terry Davis are scheduled to meet for a possible date for Pacquiao-Marquez II that could probably be known on Thursday.

After a fight date is agreed upon, the two boxing camps will have to finalize the venue of the megabuck rematch.

“Manny is looking forward to this fight. Marquez said he wants to fight. Bob Arum says let the rematch take place...I say Manny did not deserve the draw,” said Muhammad, still scathing from the 12-round split decision last May 8.

Had it not been for a mental lapse by Nevada judge Burt Clements, Pacquiao would have won the fight and would now be wearing both the International Boxing Federation and World Boxing Association featherweight belts of Marquez.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Not only that but a Canadian judge, Quebcer actually, Guy Jutrous, scored it heavily for Marquez. WTF. I saw it as a 1 point victory for Paquiao. I liked the way Marquez changed his style though, to get back in the fight. REALLY looking forward to the rematch.:bounce::bounce::bounce:

join