It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: Jones v Tyson

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Roy Jones is reportedly lining up a November clash against either Mike Tyson or Lennox Lewis in Africa.

WBA heavyweight champion Jones, who defeated John Ruiz in March to become only the second light-heavyweight champion in history to win a world heavyweight title, will reportedly defend his title on November 8 in Nairobi, Kenya.

Akbar Muhammad, senior vice-president for Roy Jones Enterprises, has claimed negotiations are at an advanced stage, with Mike Tyson the most likely challenger.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Why in the world does Mike Tyson keep getting Title shots?!? That guy is not even 1/3 of what he used to be. I would like to see Jones fight Lewis instead.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Same here Ocelot, but to most fighters boxing is all about the money and a fight with Tyson is bank.

TRD

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I was a bit disappointed when i heard this,Tyson shouldn't be getting title shots he is not the force of old..Their are other fighters who deserve the shot more than him...I would like to see Jones fight Lewis of course it would the last big billing fight Lewis might have...

top topics

join