It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: Holmes v Foreman.

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Age has not dimmed Larry Holmes' desire for one more big fight before he finally hangs up his gloves.

The former world heavyweight champion is now 52 but insists he is not done with fighting just yet.

And he is targeting a fellow veteran for a big showdown which he is trying to turn into an old-age grudge match.

Holmes wants to meet his fellow former champion George Foreman - who insists he will make another comeback at the age of 55.

Foreman became the oldest-ever world heavyweight champion when he beat Michael Moorer to clinch the crown 10 years ago.

Holmes insists he will rip the aura of geniality away from Foreman for good if and when they meet.

Holmes said: "I would kick his arse. If I was 90 years old I would kick his arse.!!!

[Edited on 4/7/03 by TRD]

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hell Bring it on. I want to see this fight. But I dont think its going to happen to tell you the truth. Its just hype and nothing more.

TRD

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yeah it would be good if they got it on,but i think your right it may well be just hype..

I think i posted before that foreman said on TV that he was going to fight again..

The bit i like was what holmes was meant to have said....

"" Holmes said: "I would kick his arse. If I was 90 years old I would kick his arse.!!! ""

join