It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: Danny Williams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
What are your thoughts on Danny Williams and who would win a Williams-Harrison match up?

I was impressed with Danny's recent knockout, but overall the performance during the fight was dire. I don't think he can or will ever hold a World title, he just doesn't have the pedigree and if he doesn't pull something out of the bag soon I can't imagine much success will come on the European circuit, especially with Samil Sam around.

I'd go for Audley in seven.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I agree that Williams looked mediocre in his last fight with the Australian, but his flurry was good enough to stop the guy. The Aussie is a big / strong guy, but I believe a technically adept boxer would have cut him down in a couple of rounds.

Because I just don�t like Harrison, I�d like to see Danny stop him. Whether he could pull that off is debatable. Audley has incredibly long arms which not only gives him a reach advantage, but gives him a lot of leverage in his uppercuts. If Danny fights another reactive fight, allowing Harrison to dictate the pace of the fight, he may not get the chance to flurry again.

I think Samil Sam, even for his lack of finesse and style could beat either of them.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Totally agree.
Williams is too limited in his skill and any boxer with decent in ring knowledge would have punished his last opponent in a few rounds. The guy had Danny on the ropes too much, although he was big, I don't think he punched anywhere near his weight and he troubled Danny which should be a worry for his corner. The way he cut off the ring was amateurish, yet affective against Williams, it doesn't bode well if he comes up against Audley. Harrison loves to step off the back foot and his range is superb, I'm not convinced about his power, but I still think he has too much for Danny, especially if he is allowed to dictate the pace like you say. It would be interesting to see Audley take a decent shot though, if Williams attacks we could see an upset.

As I said in a previous thread, I'm a fan of Samil Sam and would like to see him step up a level.

TRD

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Well i'm not a Fan of any of them but i want Williams v Samil again just to see how it goes,Williams does fancy himself as a fighter so we shall see if they get it on...
With Audley he is new to the pro ranks,as i have said in previous threads i have seen all his fights and he hasn't looked that convincing YET! The more he fights the better he gets,but is still a long way off..With his long reach and size he might be able to pull off a few shocks we will have to wait and see how it goes..

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Well i'm not a Fan of any of them but i want Williams v Samil again just to see how it goes,Williams does fancy himself as a fighter so we shall see if they get it on...
With Audley he is new to the pro ranks,as i have said in previous threads i have seen all his fights and he hasn't looked that convincing YET! The more he fights the better he gets,but is still a long way off..With his long reach and size he might be able to pull off a few shocks we will have to wait and see how it goes..

Samil Sam to win in 6.

new topics

top topics

join