It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: SAMIL SAM STOPS FRANCIS IN SEVEN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I've only recently heard of Samil Sam and have seen a couple of his fights. He doesn't have much style, but he manages to get the job done - he's a hard hitter. But, I think if he ever steps up to international competition and fights some of the top heavies, he's in for a rude awakening. Here's the report:

Sam, the heavy-handed 'Bull of Bosphorus', held the upper hand throughout as he made his second defence but rarely threatened the defensive-minded Francis before two knock-downs in the seventh round. He hit with a flurry of hard punches to head and body and Francis went down with one minute 56 seconds to go in the seventh. The Brit scrambled back to his feet but would soon made a second visit to the canvas. Sam put him down with another hard series with 1min 26secs to go and the referee eventually stopped the contest with 1min 14secs left in the round. The bout began at a relatively slow pace, although Sam was the more aggressive. "Sinan is a strong guy and in the end landed a body shot with maximum effort," added Francis.

Link

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 06:55 AM
link   
hmm interesting. I've never heard of Samil Sam before. I will keep an eye out for him to see if I can catch one of his fights.

TRD

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Yes i've heard of him he beat Danny Williams a couple of months ago,he hasn't got the quality but he hit's damm hard..

Danny Williams has set his sights on a return with European heavyweight champion Sinan Samil Sam after retaining his Commonwealth title by stopping huge Australian Bob Mirovic in four rounds as he produced a vicious 30-punch salvo which had the 6ft 5in Mirovic virtually out on his feet before the ref stopped the fight...
I think that Williams will beat him if they do get it on,he underestimated him before but will be well prepared next time...

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
He's actually not a bad fighter, won the World Amateur title and would have won gold in the Olympics but went pro and Audley picked up the medal. I've got some question marks over his muscle tone, but he hits like a brick. I don't think he will explode on the World scene, but he is in the top three Europeans (excluding World and former World champs) already and at the right side of 30 can only get better.

top topics

join