It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: Lewis/Johnson, It's official now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Los Angeles, CA - It's official now. The Great Emperor is returning to guard his throne on June 21st in Los Angeles.

The show will go on at the Staples Center with or without Mike Tyson on the undercard (supposedly against Oleg Maskaev).

Emanuel Steward: "I expect a dangerous fight from Kirk Johnson. We're not taking him lightly. I expect a good, competitive fight. He has a lot of speed and power.

Link

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 06:57 AM
link   
This fight should be pretty good although I wanted to see him fight Vitali. Hey maybe his next fight.

TRD

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Yes let's hope Johnson put's up a better fight that Tyson,I would like to see Lewis in a good ol scrap for once...

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I would like to see Lewis in a good ol scrap for once...

Yeah so he can work for his money.

TRD

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

I would like to see Lewis in a good ol scrap for once...

Yeah so he can work for his money.

Yes i agree seems alot of fighters have nice hand picked fights and keep ducking each other lately...

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Yes i agree seems alot of fighters have nice hand picked fights and keep ducking each other lately...

I hate it when they do that.

TRD

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Seems we have a new one for the undercard now...

Lennox Lewis will get a close-up view of his next opponent when he defends his world heavyweight title against Kirk Johnson in Los Angeles on June 21.
Vitali Klitschko has been confirmed to box on Lewis' undercard at the Staples Center before challenging the champion in a contest signed for no later than the end of the year.

Now has Lennox Lewis rescued the last true representation of his status as world heavyweight champion by agreeing to fight Vitali Klitschko.I mean he can't keep ducking him,it's about time they get it on..
That's as long as Lewis beats Johnson which i think he will...

Do you think he should retire if he makes it through these two fights or one last fight against Tyson..

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Why should Lennox fight Tyson unless it's just about money. Tyson has become a joke, similar to a carnival comedian and that's a shame because he was ferocious in his day.

I was told that Tyson suffers from a mental illness and in his prime, Cus DeMato would stop his medications to make him like a mad pit bull.

Whatever Iron Mike had, is sadly gone now - he's a shadow of his former self. That's such a shame because he could have been a strong contender if he'd kept his focus.

TRD

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I think it is just about money with Lewis now,he only agreed to fight Klitschko otherwise he would have been stripped of the WBC belt leaving him with the not so good IBO version of the crown..Lewis has already lost the WBA and IBF titles to boxing's politics after winning them from Evander Holyfield in November 1999.

The thing is Lewis badly needed another big name on the Los Angeles bill. He has never been a big ticket seller and the only selling point of the Johnson fight are Lewis' Canadian connections.So with Klitschko on the card it will make it a sell out..

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Its great to see that the fight with Vitali will finally happen. I can't wait. It should be a good one. If he can get past Johnson, which I think he will.

TRD

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Yes Lewis should win and fight Klitschko but it is the way he has conducted himself,the heavyweight division is becoming a joke there is hardly any decent fighters left and the ones who are half decent don't want to fight each other unless they really have to...

Deep i agree about Tyson but he still would pull in the crowd sadly i think the heavyweight division is all about the money...Gone is the glory of being heavyweight champion

new topics

top topics

join