It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: Boxing: Best pound-for-pound

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Who do you think is the best pound-for-pound fighter in boxing today? I have to say Roy Jones, Jr. after his big heavyweight win over Ruiz. I always knew Jones was good, but he finally fought someone decent, let alone much bigger. He was giving up 33 pounds and 7 1/2" in reach but he beat him with speed and agility. I wonder where Jones goes from here, I dont know if he should stay at heavyweight. I dont think he is big enough to take on some of the more talented heavyweights, Lewis might be just too big.

TRD

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
What Jones did was exceptional he may be able to knock a few other Heavyweights over,dazzling them with his speed and agility but as you say PA Lewis is a bit to big.I can't think of a much better Pound for Pound than him.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Best pound for pound? Damm Hard question. I would have to say Roy Jones Jr., and Oscar de la Hoya. Those 2 I think are the best.

TRD

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Ok after much deliberation i have compiled my list of what i consider the best 10 pound for pound world boxers and what a awesome list it is !!

1 - Roy Jones Jnr

2 - Floyd Mayweather

3 - Oscar De La Hoya

4 - Kostya Tszyu

5 - Marco Antonio Barrera

6 - Lennox Lewis

7 - Bernard Hopkins

8 - Erik Morales

9 - James Toney

10 - Miguel Angel Cotto

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well TRD couldn't have made a better list than that myself. I agree 100% with your list. Those are indeed the best in the world right now.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Lewis might be just too big.

I disagree. Roy is very talented and I think that he could beat Lewis. But that's just my opinion.

TRD

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Thanks Ocelot,im working on the 10 british best pound for pound its proving a bit harder,but i like a challenge!

I had to put Toney in the way he fought last was quality and Cotto just got in even though he hasn't won a title yet.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Cotto just got in even though he hasn't won a title yet.

Cotto is too impresive. He'll be a World Champion soon enough. Good luck with that Brittish list. You're gonna need it!

TRD

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Good luck with that Brittish list. You're gonna need it!

Thanks for the confidance booster,it is going to be tough but i will try..!!!

TRD

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Ok i finished took me long enough,about 6 day's thats how hard it was....

Best British pound for pound!

1 - Lennox Lewis
2 - Joe Calzaghe
3 - Howard Eastman
4 - Scott Harrison
5 - Ricky Hatton
6 - Richard Williams
7 - Alex Arthur
8 - Michael Brodie
9 - Junior Witter
10 - David Haye

The biggest surprise is canny Glaswegian Scott Harrison, who proved to the doubters (myself included), that he really is the 'Real Deal' after his systematic hammering of the world class Wayne McCullough.
I suppose Lewis goes top as he is World Heavyweight Champ....

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 07:07 AM
link   
World Top 15

1. Roy Jones Jnr
2. Oscar De La Hoya
3. Marco Antonio Barrera
4. Bernard Hopkins
5. Floyd Mayweather
6. Lennox Lewis
7. Kostya Tszyu
8. Erik Morales
9. Fernando Vargas
10. Miguel Angel Cotto
11. Vernon Forrest
12. James Toney
13. Joe Calzaghe
14. Arturo Gatti
15. Jose Antonio Aguirre

British Top 10

1. Lennox Lewis
2. Joe Calzaghe
3. Ricky Hatton
4. Howard Eastman
5. David Haye
6. Wayne Alexander
7. Scott Harrison
8. Michael Brodie
9. Junior Witter
10. Richard Williams

TRD

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Teflon is that the latest world standings...

If it is my own lists wasn't that bad then for the ones i thought might be the best..!:bounce:

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Teflon is that the latest world standings...

If it is my own lists wasn't that bad then for the ones i thought might be the best..!:bounce:

Sorry to disappoint, it's just my listings!

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
am I the only one here who think lennox lewis is completely overrated compared to the amazing championship title holders of not too long ago?

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   

am I the only one here who think lennox lewis is completely overrated compared to the amazing championship title holders of not too long ago?

I dont think he's overrated. He's a great Heavyweight and a great champion. He's beaten every heavyweight of any significance out there.

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I agree Ocelot if you look back he has beat most of the best ones in the last so many years...

What amazing title holders is that i havnt seen any for years maybe only tyson in his prime...

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

I dont think he's overrated. He's a great Heavyweight and a great champion. He's beaten every heavyweight of any significance out there.

just because he has beaten every other heavywieght of siginifcance out there right now doesnt necessarily out him in that "elite" status...what if the only reason he is doing so well is because the current fighters just arent as good as they used to be

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   

just because he has beaten every other heavywieght of siginifcance out there right now doesnt necessarily out him in that "elite" status...what if the only reason he is doing so well is because the current fighters just arent as good as they used to be

hmm I understand were you're coming from. Its true that the heavyweight division is kind of stale right now. But I think Lennox is in the Elite Top Ten Heavyweights ever. I dont think he's the best but definately top ten.

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Best British pound for pound!

Where's Frank Bruno
LOL!

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Where's Frank Bruno LOL!

Now that is funny LOL!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>