It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cycling: Landis Fails Drug Test?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Floyd Landis, winner of Tour de France was discovered to have high levels of testosterone from a test taken on his way to winning the Tour de France. This discover could potentially lead to an anti doping violation.

Patrick Schamasch, the International Olympic Committee's medical director, said in a separate telephone interview that the high testosterone level ``could potentially lead to an anti- doping violation.''

News media, including Reuters, said Landis had failed a doping test.

I don't know how accurate the test is or what high testosterone means in an athlete. I just hope that any doping claims prove to be unfounded.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I forgot to put in the link to the sorce materal hear it is

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Now this is rather funny but from what he did in that 1 stage at the end comming up from behind.

And then he dopes with testosterone of all things which can be easily found in the blood

Im glad they caught him,one can only hope that he gets banned for life.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Triple Tour de France winner Greg LeMond hit out the corruption of cycling after Floyd Landis failed a dope test which could see him become the first champion to be stripped of his crown.

Landis, who won the 2006 race last weekend, tested positive for the male sex hormone testosterone after his sensational win in the 17th stage of this year's race which he won after powering away on a 130km solo breakaway.

But on Thursday his Phonak team confirmed that the 30-year-old American had returned a positive test in the immediate aftermath and would be sacked if the B sample confirmed the result.

"I'm devastated and extremely disapointed," LeMond told AFP.

"I can't imagine the disappointment for Floyd and his family. I really did believe Floyd was clean.

The problem is the sport is corrupt and it corrupts everybody. I still believe it was one of the cleanest Tours ever. But is it 100-percent clean? No.

"You will always find riders who transgress the laws. I really did believe Floyd was not among them, that he was clean. Hopefully, he will be able to step up and tell the truth.

When LeMond talks down on you, it must be the truth.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Of course he claims his innocence.:

news.yahoo.com...

I could really give a rat's patootie about this sport anymore.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
All of Floyd Landis's inventive excuses can't help him now. His B sample came back showing abnormal levels of testosterone--synthetic testosterone. He has already been fired from the U.S. cycling team he was a member of, and the international committee will soon convene to strip him of his Tour de France title. Landis continues to profess his innocence, but so far it looks like he's in deep doo-doo.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
My indiference towards the sport of cycling continues to grow by the minute...

And to think, one day I thought maybe this would be a sport that I could compete in. All i had to do was get some more testosterone.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
What really p####'s me off is that i barracked for this guy when it became clear that the aussie guy's had no chance at figuring in the top.

new topics

top topics

join