It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berkeley Girl Phone Tapped?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I just saw this on my local newstation.
A girl attending Berkeley was playing video games in her dorm recently. She then got a call from a friend asking for video game advice and tips. Soon the conversation included the word "bomb". Later after the phone call was done, she had a knock on her door. She opens up the door and it was the police! They detained her and questioned her about the phone call and the so-called "bomb". Eventually she convinced them that the phone call was only concerning a video game that contains the use of bombs etc.

Now that is kinda creepy..Did the government approve law authorities to phone tap students at Berkeley or worst, the general public? Or was there another method they used to gain the knowledge of the phone call?

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The story doesn't make sense... unless someone overheard her talking about bombs and reported her.

And any agent would have figured out pretty quickly that it was a video game -- unless the conversation was reported and not something they overheard.

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 11:44 PM
link   
didn't you watch enemy of the state?
they have trigger words.

[Edited on 14-11-2002 by echelon]

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Certainly, but that is at a federal level, and it is doing that at a national level. Thin of how many innocent calls like that are made. Also, a human analysist reviews the tapes and then determines whether or not the intercept warrants further investigation. This all takes time, and surely the technician can tell a kid talking about a video game.
Student next door overhearing it; I agree.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by echelon
didn't you watch enemy of the state?
they have trigger words.

[Edited on 14-11-2002 by echelon]

Indeed, i read about it here in UKs Guardian suplement few month ago, it is already in use over here by MI5.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
i think thats crossing the line, the police should know shes a student

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Everybody all up dorms and talk about video games.

Drive the NSA computers nuts.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
if this was true, I'd been constantly questioned by the feds, when I plan an airsoft game, i talk about bombs, nukes suicide vests and the like with other players, so far, noones called me or contacted me about nukes bombs or anything

top topics

join